She Had The World (Hallows)

this is a ship of dan howell and cole shadows from back in the day. enjoy.

"She held the world upon a string, but she didn't ever hold me." a drunken Dan Howell laughed, liquor are on his bed as his best friend Phil smiled, wrinkling his nose slightly. "Dan cmon, I know that your upset but is drinking yourself to death really the answer?" he asked, and the brunette cut him a look. "No, its not. But i can't get her out of my head. She spun the stars on her fingernails, but it never made her happy."

Cause she couldn't ever have me

"She said she'd won the world at a carnival, but she could never win me cause she couldn't ever catch me." he mumbled later that night as Phil helped him stumble up the stairs to his empty apartment. "I know Dan." Phil sighed, opening the door to the flat and helping Dan to the couch. "I know why too. Because when I look in her eyes i just see the sky." he giggled, and Phil sighed.
"I know Dan."
"Do you wanna know what she said?" he asked, and Phil nodded slowly.

Well I, just see the sky

"She said, 'I don’t love you I'm just passing the time.'" he said slowly, his eyes filling with tears.

"You could love me if I knew how to lie." Dan pleaded, and Cole's grey eyes filled with tears.
"No Dan." she whispered, and he nodded.
"I love you Cole." he begged, and she shook her head.
"Who could love me? I am out of my mind." she said with a smile, and walked away.

"Now I'm here, waiting Phil." Dan said quietly. and Phil let a yawn escape his lips before sheepishly shrugging.
"Sorry Danny. But I gotta get home. You know how Kat gets when I'm late." he laughed, and Dan nodded.
"Bye Phil."

Throwing a line out to sea
To see if I can catch a dream

"The sun was always in her eyes, she didn't even see me." Dan said to himself the next morning as he began to pack the rest of Cole's things away, pausing on a polaroid of the two of them at a fair.
"That girl had so much love." he sighed, and wiped a tear away before throwing it into the box with everything else.
"Did she ever say she'd won the world at a carnival?" a small voice asked, and he whirled around to see Cole standing behind him, grey eyes impassive.
"A few times. But I'm sure I didn’t ruin her, just made her more interesting." he said with a small chuckle, and her eyes clouded over.
"Why's that?"
"Because, when I look in her eyes I just see the sky." he sighed simply, and she nodded.
"I lied to you. I lied when I said I don't love you. I was doing so much more than just passing the fucking time. But I came to the conclusion that no one could love me, because I am out of my mind."
"Ya know what I used to do? Everyime we fought, or everytime we were happy, I would throw a line out to sea, to see if I could catch a dream. I never realised i was living in one." he spoke jerkily, never meeting her eyes until a cool hand touched his cheek.
"Dan, we still are." she smiled, and then pressed a kiss to his lips.
She pulled away and his eyes shot open to an empty bed in a empty house.

Throwing a line out to sea
To see if I can catch a dream