Whatsername (Jamie and Jasper)

"Thought I ran into her down on the street, but then it turned out to only be a dream." Jasper Wild said quietly to the emptiness of her apartment, looking up when the door opened to show her friend Brendon in the doorway. He raised his brows at the small fire burning in the fireplace, walking to sit next to her.
"It's August Jasp. Why ya got a fire going?" He asked, and she sighed.
"I just. I wanted to get rid of stuff. So I made a point to burn all of the photographs."
"Look, I know she went awa-" he started, Jasper cutting him off instantly.
"I took a different path. And it's so weird because now I remember the face, but I can't recall the name." She said softly, and Brendon sighed.
"And now, I wonder how whatsername has been." He said for her, and she nodded before fixing her eyes back on the dying embers of the fire.

"It seems that she disappeared without a trace." Jamie Woods said to the table in front of her, avoiding her friend Ryan's probing gaze.
"And did she ever marry old what's his face?" She asked, and he rolled his eyes.
"Jamie, c'mon." He said softly, and she finally met his eyes.
"Trust me, I made a point to burn all of the photographs. Then I took a different path." She said softly, and he rolled his eyes.
"Your the most dramatic person I know." He said disdainfully, and she nodded.
"Really I just wonder how whatsername has been." She shrugged, and he sighed.

"Remember, whatever we had, it still seems like forever to go." Jasper said quietly, locking the door to her apartment as she walked down the stairs. She reached the street and began walking, her head down until she bumped into someone.
"Shit I'm so sorry." She said, and then froze at the contrast of her skin against the paleness of the arm she had grabbed to steady herself.
"You?" She whispered, looking up to see Jamie in front of her.
"You." Jamie breathed back, drinking in Jasper's skin, a perfect mixture of her parents, the caramel color giving way to dark green eyes.
"I remember you, and it seems like forever ago." Jamie said into the silence, and Jasper nodded.
"The regrets are useless in my mind, at least the ones I have." Jasper finally managed to say, dropping Jamie's arm like it burned her.
"I must confess, you're in my head, all the time. But that was so long ago." Jamie said softly, and Jasper looked away.

"If my memory serves me right, and it usually does, I'll never turn back time." Jasper said and turned away towards the rest of the street.
"So. I'll be forgetting you." She said quietly, barely catching Jamie's whisper as she walked away.
"But not the time."

For you guessed it, hatter_jac