If I Tremble (Jalex)

¡fem Alex!

"I see the fear in your eyes, and I feel the pain in your heart." Jack Barakat started, stopping when his girlfriend Alex looked at him, a tear falling down her cheek.
"How can something so well put together be so torn apart?" He asked, and she scoffed.
"How could I be something you want?" She asked, and his gaze hardened.
"You are the beauty I want." He said, simple and effective.
"You are the angel I need, and I swear that I find the proof of God in every single word that you speak." She said softly, and he smiled, pulling her into a hug and burying his face in her hair.
"You smell like girly shampoo, and I love when I smell like you." He whispered, and she giggled, the sound reaching his ears faster than any cords he'd ever thought of.
"It reminds me why I wake up."

"And Lex, if I tremble at the sight of you, it's not because I'm cold." Jack said a few hours later, and Alex looked at him questioningly.
"Why would you tremble?" She asked, and he rolled his eyes.
"Because I'm staring at the girl I want to love me when I'm old." He said softly, and then took her hand when she scoffed.
"I swear with all my heart; every word I write for you is true, and I won't hesitate to give my all for you." He whispered, and she smiled softly before hugging him.

"You are the stars in the skies, the sound of the rain, and the strong sense of calm that takes away all the pain." Alex whispered into his hair, her words muffled.
"No, Lex I'm just a man on his knees praying to God to grow old with the girl of his dreams. I mean hell, you've got my heart in your hand." He said quietly, and she placed intertwined their fingers.
"And you've got my hand if you want, so please love me forever." She said quietly.

"And if I die before I wake, in the night just look above, with every star that greets your face, I am giving you my love." Alex said a few months later, forehead bunched with worry as a doctor came back into the room, holding a clipboard and wearing a mask.
"I'm sorry Ms. Gaskarth. It's inoperable. And before you ask ma'am, six weeks." He said gently, and she began to sob as he left the room.

After her funeral Jack went home, ears ringing and eyes unfocused as he put up his suit, sitting on the patio.
"Deep in the still of the night, I hear your voice in the dark, and it fills the empty spaces taking over my broken heart." He said to the wind, a tear tracking down his face as he threw the glass of whiskey in his hand at the ground.
"You gave me strength to go on, you could even rescue me from the pain. And fuck Alex,  I'm crazy for you 'cause your love kept me from going insane." He whispered, and then pulled out his phone, going to a video of them.

"You stole my heart with one kiss." Alex laughed, twining her arms around Jack's neck.
"Embraced my soul with your lips, and Jack, I'm forever grateful." She whispered, and he kissed her gently.
"I'm staring at the girl I want to love me when I'm old." He said softly, and she smiled.
"I'm the girl who will."

And I won't hesitate to give my
All for you