You In January {Phan}

"Goddamn, you look holy hit from behind with light." Phil Lester said softly, his eyes locked on Dan Howell, who stood by the window with early morning sunlight streaming behind him.
"I'm nervous stumbling over my lines, like when I tell you I love you." Dan said softly, a smile crossing his face as he walked back to the bed.
"Ya know Phil, you were the one thing I got right." Dan said softly, kissing
him gently.

"Goddamn, you look holy bathed in the January light." Phil said a month later, smiling as Dan looked up from where he sat surrounded by boxes.
"Your just sitting there, on the floor of our new bedroom. Window opened wide. It's beautiful." He continued, and Dan blushed a deep red before standing up.
"I love you." He said simply, and Phil's grin deepened.
"The best thing is that when you tell me you love me, I can actually see it. Your breath frozen in the air because of our crap heating." Phil chuckled, and Dan rolled his eyes gently, pulling the sleeves of his jumper down over his hands.

You were the one thing
I got right.

"I'm measuring heartbeats in miles away." Dan said into his monitor the next night, Phil's chuckle coming through the Skype call in a beautifully cruel way.
"Really?" He asked, and Dan nodded.
"Yeah! You hold me together, I used to burst and decay. Then we got off the airplane together for the first time, a couple of runaways. And now your in London, while I'm in Manchester. And Jesus Phil, I was hoping you'd stay." Dan said softly, the monitors light enough in the dark room for Phil to see the tears streaking the younger boys face.

Could you stay?

"You were the obvious one, and goddamn, I hate leaving." Phil said when he got home, his bag unpacked in the foyer as he kissed Dan softly, tucking his passport into his back pocket.
"Another early flight, right? I guess its a good thing I ran the dishwasher this morning." He said, and Phil cocked his head.
"Why?" He asked, and the younger male shrugged.
"I wanted there to be clean plates for you tonight." He said miserably, and Phil pulled him into a hug.
"Thanks for not ever forgetting to wake me up before you leave for work and kiss me goodbye." Dan said softly, and Phil kissed him gently, leaving his hand on the side of the brunette's face.
"You were the one thing I got right, I'll always wake you to say goodbye."

Could you stay?

"We're still a couple of runaways." Dan said a year later, golden wedding band glinting in the sunlight from their bedroom window as he lifted himself up to look at his husband.
"Are we?" Phil asked, and Dan nodded with a large smile, kissing the other man deeply before laying his head on Phil's chest with a deep sigh.
"I'm glad that you stayed."