Lie To The Truth (Ryden)

Im still trying to find ways to ship Ryden in 2018 leave me alone
For hatter_jac

"When I started out, writing you this song." Ryan Ross started, his eyes red as he thrust a pile of papers at Brendon Urie.
"I swear, I was heels over head in love. With you, of course." He sighed, and Brendon shook his head with a small laugh.
"But you had your doubts."
"No Bren you did. And I know why." Ryan said quickly, and Brendon sat down on their couch with a resigned groan.
"Cause it took too long for you to finally see what you'd been doing wrong." Brendon said quietly, his words dropping like the pin of a grenade.

"Don't try to pull that bullshit! I tried to love you but, you still loved him!" Ryan roared, his voice full of unshed years as he gestured at a picture of Brendon and his ex on the wall.
"It's fine though. I'll just ignore my heart and lie to the truth." Ryan sighed, and then walked into the kitchen to brew a pot of coffee.

I'll lie to the truth

"Do you remember when you once said "The best part about you was me'?" Ryan asked suddenly, and Brendon nodded slowly.
"Making sure, so I can ask this and not feel bad. Now who is judging who?" He asked quietly, and Brendon rolled his eyes before looking Ryan in his.
"Ry, I know I broke your heart, and mine is broken too." He breathed, and Ryan scoffed.
"If we're even, then why are we both blue?"
"Look, I tried to be true!" Brendon exploded, and the other man simply shrugged.
"But you still love him. So I'll just lie in silence like a fool."
"I lie to the truth Ryan, and I know it. But finally I think that I have had enough of you."
"Well Brendon, I know that I have had enough of you." He snapped back, and then left the room.

"Look, Bren, we tried to be true but, you still loved him." Ryan said the next day, his eyes finally free of tears as he looked at the other man.
"So, go to him. I'll keep my distance and lie to the truth." He finished, and a small smile graced Brendon's lips before he looked up in confusion.
"Why?" He asked, and Ryan spared a tight lipped smile.
"I lie to the truth cause you lied to it too."