Prologue: Emily

"I love you, babe" Stephanie, my niece, says through the phone. "Yeah, I miss you too. Now go to your class" and she hangs up.

"How many classes does he have?" I ask.

We are sitting in my bedroom. Stephanie's here because we, excuse me... the painters are painting her room. She says white is old school and wanted something new, and pink is her favorite color.

"I don't know, I just know that he has many and we can't hang out much anymore... That sucks!" Stephanie says sad.

"Don't be like that... at least you have a boyfriend-"

"-Secret boyfriend" she corrects me.

"...Secret boyfriend than" I say, rolling my eyes.

She and Ben have a secret relationship because her parents, as in my aunt and uncle, don't want her to be with a town type of guy. That's ridicules! Ben is kind, sweet, and kind of handsome. Not really my type, but he's nice.

"But you get what I mean; you need to be happy with what you have"

"Yeah, yeah..." Stephanie says, sitting on my bed. "But... I want to be with him, like always. I want to hug him, to kiss him, to fuck-"

"-I get it, don't make me jealous"

"C'mon Emily, why don't you go find yourself a hot guy. You're beautiful and sweet, every guy should fall at your feet" she says.

"But they don't so..."

"That's why you should date more guys... you want to find the one, I get it, but he isn't going to find you... you need to find him!" she yells.

I may be beautiful as Stephanie says but nobody is interested. But that goes in both ways. There hasn't been a guy yet who makes my heart beats faster or makes me want to kiss him all day.

I'm not like Stephanie who was popular at school. No, I'm invisible. But I like it that way. No problems and no drama; just how I like it.

"STEPHANIE, EMILY! COME DOWN NOW!" my uncle yells.

"What's dad problem?" Stephanie says, looking at me.

"No idea"

As we make our way down I see my aunt standing outside my uncle's office.

"Come here darlings" she says. What's her problem? She's never kind to me.

"What's wrong mom?" Stephanie says while they hug briefly.

"Just come inside and your dad will explain everything" We enter his office and we sit in the chairs in front of the marble desk.

"Ladies," he starts. "as you know our company isn't making any progress and..." taking a deep breath he continues. "...dnd we need money so-"

"-Just say it Henk" Mary, my aunt, interrupt. He looks at her with fear in his eyes.

"Just say it, dad" Stephanie says, sitting on the tip of her chair. I'm curious with what he's going to say.

"Okay, so..." he clears his throat again. "...One of you will marry Mateo El Ricci next week"

A/N: This is my first chapter, hope you like it!