Chapter 30: The truth

A/N: OMG!!! The last days has been a blur for me; 20K *Tears of happiness* Thank you so much, you have no idea. Here is the next chapter, enjoy <3<3<3 (this is the pov from Emily when Mateo was drunk, just so you know!)

Emily

His hand is around my neck, he squeezes a little too hard and I'm scared; for the first time I feel terrified. I whimper a little and he releases me with a sigh.

"Go sleep!" He says and I take the opportunity, running up the stairs as fast as possible. Tears start to form in my eyes but I try to hold them in. When I enter the bedroom, I close the door hard and jump on the bed, crying everything out. I hate him, I fucking hate him! And I hate his mess! For the first time I wish that I had my old life back with my uncle, aunt and Stephanie...These words keep repeating themselves in my mind.

After what feels like forever, just 5 minutes in real life, I decide to do something I was planning to; break into Mateo's office. I don't know why but that thought has been forming in my mind since yesterday; there is something but what? There must be something I can use... maybe I can look for the contract where my uncle and Mateo signed, there must be something on it to stop this whole circus... the rage in me is unbearable; I'm going to do it, even when I get in trouble!

Sitting up straight, I think my plan through. First I should check if everything is safe and make sure Mateo won't come up any moment. I decide to go to the living room where he probably is drinking... When I round the corner, I see Liam and quickly hide myself behind a big plant; Thank god this is here. What is he doing so late anyways? He stands a few feet from me and stops.

"I don't know what you're doing, but on your spying skills you can work on" Shit! He saw me and as if he can sense my panic he says something reassuring. "Don't worry, I won't say anything to him, I just need a word with him" he turns and looks at me. "What you are planning, be careful for his office, it has a lot security but if you know the code then everything will be fine" how did he- "- I got a special gift for reading people" he winks and walk off to the living room. A code? Interesting...

What is his code? I stand in front of his office and the door opens with two things; a fingerprint and a code. Fuck. The fingerprint....is there something he touch that...the kitchen! He must have touched something, maybe even the counter. I run careful to the kitchen and it's like my lucky day. There's a whiskey glass in the sink. I carefully tiptoe and take the glass, carefully of course, just when I hear to man talk.

"Human?" Mateo say sarcastically. "What was I before, an alien?"

"No, a robot" Liam responses. I roll my eyes at that: typical that Liam would refer him as a 'robot'. Walking up the stairs, I go to the bathroom. I'm going to try something that you see in the movies, that thing with the powder and tape. You can see the fingerprint if you carefully put the powder on the glass and then you need to use the tape to print the fingerprint...yeah, I'm going to try that, but witch finger? If you think logic then he would go for the thumb. I do everything; the powder and then the tape. I hold it up in the sky, checking if it works and my god...it worked. Stepping out of the bedroom, I walk to the office. Let's hope ths is the good finger!

I do the fingerprint on the scan and...*Beep Beep* Green! I let out a sigh of relief. Okay, the fingerprint is done...Now the code. What would he take? His birthday? I try it; 30-01. *Beep Beep* Red! Well, that didn't work...Maybe a date from someone special...Me? 23-06 *Beep Beep* Red! Shit! The screen shows me the number 1 and I know this means I have only on chance. There is only one person I can think of; Kath... it's worth trying. I take my phone and call Olivia, she must know her birthday. After 3 rings she picks up.

"Hey honey" she says out of breath. Did I disturb her?

"Hallo...Eum...Did I call on the wrong time?"

"No, no! Everything is just fine" she says and giggles.

"Do you know Kath's birthday?" I say without thinking. The giggle dies and after what feels like forever she answers.

"Why?" What can I say to that!?

"I want to surprise her..." That sounded so fake, even I think so.

"20-04...I don't know what you're doing but don't, it's not worth it-" and I hang up. Sorry Olivia but this isn't your business, I know this isn't smart but it's better than nothing. I put my phone in my back pocket and try 20-04 *Beep Beep* Green! I frown...He still cares about her...I ignore the pain in my chest and go inside. Looking carefully around I don't see any camera's. I turn the light on and his office is huge. It looks a lot like in the club but here are more cupboards. I step to his desk and nothing is on it...he is neater than I thought. I step behind the desk, thinking like Mateo. If he had important paper then it must be here; my hand glides over the lowest drawer. Opening it I see another code I need to activate. What's inside here doesn't want to be found. I try 20-04 again but this time it doesn't work. Shit...Then a sudden thought comes up; if this was about me then he should have chosen...I try my birthday and it works. Yes!!! I open it without hesitation. There's only one map with a name; Protect Power.

What's inside here? I open the map and see my father's photo. Tears begins to form when I see his smiling face...He looked so young and happy. Next to him is my uncle, I feel rage when I see his smug face, and behind them is the company's building. When I look at the date, I notice it's the day they bought that building. That was 20 years ago... But what does this photo has to do with this? I look further as I go through the papers and read one. It's says 'Sharing'; probably it would say that my uncle owns everything but that isn't the case...It's my father who owns the most shares. This has my attention.

Vincent Magetta, one of the owners of Project Power, will take over the place from Henk Magetta...

I never knew dad was the owner, he said he was only an accounted. I read further...

Henk will still have 50% of the company but don't have any power over the decisions...

Wow... I go to the next page and there is an article about the car accident...It pains me to see it. Then I come to a page that is written in Mateo's handwrite.

Marry Henk's daughter

Marry Vincent's Daughter, 50% + deal with Henk.

- Can't pay the money = 25% of his shares

= NY mine + America later

Omg...That means he has 75%...now everything gets clear...This was his plan all along. That bastard... I go to the next page and there's the contract. I read it over and over but there's nothing I can use...I'm just sold to him and that's it but then I think of something...As Vincent's daughter, don't I have to sign my permission to give Mateo the 50%? Because right now I have that and if Mateo wants it he needs my signature, right? I hear someone in the hallway, Shit! I put the papers back as fast as I can, close the safe. I bump my left foot to the desk and winces.

"Fuck..." I rub it quickly and make my way out the office...I look around but nobody is here. Thank god...

I lie on the bed for the past 2 hours, thinking about this situation. I'm not an expert in this; I need some help, but whom? There is only one person I can think of...He is my only option...

A/N: This is the end, I'm working on the next chapter but I'm so busy! It's like the teachers hates me because I have a ton of homework and test; tomorrow chemistry and the next day Economics... But in the weekend will come the next chapter, so stay put! <3<3<3

Who do you think is the special person?

(like/vote, comment and share!)