Chapter 47: Friday - Emily

A/N: It's a shorter chapter but believe me, it's exiting AF! Sit comfrtable and Enjoy!

(P.S. This week is my week off which means I can post a lot more chapter then normal so stay tuned!)

Emily

Do you feel that towards me? Love? Those words keep repeating in my head when I shower. Yesterday was interesting, Mateo being so open to me isn't really something new but every time he does, I feel he trust me; sadly enough he will be mad after he find out that I...don't think about that! Enzo haven't texted me so everything should be fine. Love? Do I really love him? I mean, I'm beginning to like him but love...I don't really know. I want to love him but I know he won't feel that way towards me, so what's the point of loving him then? Sighing, I turn the water off and step out, only to find him brushing his teeth.

"Good morning" I say while I dry myself. I feel his gaze over my body, leaving shivers all the way.

"Good morning" he mumbles and I snicker when I see him. It's always weird to see him like this; naked, hair rumbled and around his mouth foam from the toothpaste. "Why are you laughing" he replies innocent and spit the foam and then drinking some water.

"Nothing" I walk up to him to brush my teeth to when he holds my hand in his and stare in my eyes. He doesn't say anything and his brow furrows; this isn't a good sign. "What-What's wrong?"

"Emily..." he takes a deep breath. "I need to tell you something, something I should have told you earlier but I never found the right time" he looks down between our bodies and I grip his chin, holding it up so he doesn't have a choice but to look at me.

"Tell me, I can take it" I say reassuring and his face calms a little.

"Friday I will be gone, I'm going...I'm going to Manhattan"

"Why would you go there" I'm so confused.

"There's a gun fight, Friday we will take over Manhattan and I don't know if I'm going be home..."

"You're not dying, right?" I say jokily but he's dead serious, I see it in his gaze.

"I don't know...the Chins aren't really simple to handle; there're our enemy for the couple 5 years and we never succeed to win them over"

"Why now? Can't you just wait or something!" I pull my hand out of his grip, stepping a few feet away but he just stand closer, not giving me space.

"We can't, now is the time and I think..." he still stares me in the eyes, his warm blue ones turning cold and distance. "I think they're trying to kill you" my eyes widen at a sudden thought.

"You mean the stalker?" he nods. "Are you sure?"

"Who else would try this far to kill you? The Chins are trying to ruin my success and they would do anything to kill me to but before that they will let me suffer by hurting the people I lov-Care!" he correct himself, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink. We don't say anything, just looking down at our feet, waiting until one of us speaks and I'm the one this time.

"Who will come with you?" I hold my tears; why am I so emotional these days?

"Everyone I know; all my men and Enzo's included, even Roberto's"

"Because Olivia is marrying him?" he nods and reaches out to touch me but I duck away.

"Emily, please..." he whispers, his blue gaze looking sad and I just can't help myself but to run in his arms and hold him tight against me. He lets out a sign of relieve, wrapping his arms around my waist and sniffing my hair; I smile at that, he does that a lot. "You smell like flowers" he whispers again and I can't help the giggle that escapes me.

"And you smell like you" I reply back and now he's the one chuckling.

It's Friday and we all are sitting in the living room. Mateo will be living in 10 minutes and I feel nervous; what if I'm going to lose him tonight? What if he lies in the hospital? I don't want his to die, not now. I'm not ready to live alone. How am I going to explain it to everyone if they ask me things?

"You're over-thinking" Mateo says, checking his armor again for the fifth time.

"Don't worry Emily, my brother can do this" Liam says next to me, holding my hand in his and I squeeze. Lucy is snuggled next to me too, my arms around her as she watches Mateo with sadness in her eyes.

"Liam is right, I can handle it and it's not the first time this happened" I nod at, he's right, he has done this a lot of times and he's still here.

"When will you come back?" Lucy asks, her eyes glassy and I know she will cry as well but I'm holding it in, I need to, I don't want Mateo to worry about me and the kids.

"As soon as possible, I hope" he replies sadly and turns around. "Can you give me that gun behind you" he gesture for Liam to take it and he does. It's a bigger one then he has on him. He holds the gun, checking again if it's loaded while Liam looks at him, concern filling them. "What's wrong?" It's like Mateo felt him looking.

"Nothing" Liam says, pulling his hands in his pockets but soon sighs. "Just...be careful...I don't have a good feeling..." now he got his attention.

"What you mean?"

"I don't really know but I got the feeling something is going to happen..." Mateo nods and begins to talk.

"I will be careful; if you say something is happening then something will be happening" he stares at all of us, tenderness in them. "Not be a all dramatic but I'm going to miss you all" he says, surprising the shit out of us.

"You will?" Liam says, his eyes widen and Mateo nods, looking at the time.

"There're waiting for me down stairs" he replies and we all stand up, not knowing what to do. Mateo first go to Liam and Liam holds his hand out but he ignores it, holding him in his arms. Liam is shocked at first but soon hugs him back, a little tear dripping down his face. "Don't fucking cry, Liam, who are we again?"

"We're El Ricci's" Mateo wipe the tears away, grinning.

"And we don't show emotion" Liam nods at that, standing taller. Now Mateo walks over to me and Lucy, stopping in front of us. "Lucy, I know we don't have a good bond but can I get a-" before he can finish his sentence, Lucy hugs him, kissing his cheek in the process. Mateo stills for a second but soon hug her back as well, kissing her on her head.

"Be safe" she whispers just loud enough for us to hear.

"I will" he whispers back and releases her, looking her in the eyes with an expression I never seen before...The same expression my dad used to have when he looks at me and my heart melts for them. Lucy is beginning to be a part of us. She's like my daughter somehow and I know Mateo feels the same towards her. Then he strolls over to me, a grin forming on his too perfect face. "Butterfly..." he whispers and I jump on him, my legs wrapped around his waist, holding him tight against me like I did every time we hugged these past days. He rubs my back, kissing my neck.

"Please come back to me" I say, tears burning in my eyes and this time I can't hold them.

"Don't cry, please" he puts me down but I don't get too far because he kisses me now, not hard and fast but sweet and tender. Our mouths part and I chase his lips, wanting more but we both know we can't. His hand cups my cheeks, wiping the tears away. "I'll come back, I promise"

"I know" I reply before kissing him one last time and I whisper something, something I'm been dying to say but am too scared. These days I've been thinking a lot about the night he asked me if I love him and I know the answer but I'm too stubborn to admit it however I just say it; if this is the last time I see him then he should know this. "Mateo..." now I'm the one cupping his cheeks. "...I think I'm beginning to fall for you..."

A/N: OMG! Do you think something will be happening? Yes? What then? Is Mateo going to die or not? Why are those two too stubborn to see that they LOVE each other, right? HAHA, Let me know what you think!!! Thank you for reading, almost 150K readers because of you all <3<3<3<3