Chapter 44: His diary...

A/N: Sorry that it took so long; here's the next Chapter, Enjoy!

Emily

I wake up by muffled voices...

"What about the bodies?"

"The police...No, can't..." huh, where I am? Sitting up straight, I notice I'm still in Mateo's car, people surrounding it. What the-? I make an attempt to sit straight but the jacket goes my body, leaving me naked; shit...I can't leave the car like this! Scanning the car, I see my dress somehow landed in the backseat; nice, now I need to crawl to get there... When I try to reach for it someone opens the door. I let out a yelp, sitting back in my seat like my life depended on it; this person must have seen my naked butt...

"Butterfly?" a too familiar voice asks and I let out a sigh of relieve.

"Thank god it's you" meeting his eyes I see that something is wrong? "What's-?"

"-Step out, we need to go upstairs!" he reaches for his jacket, draping it over my body; it covers everything that should be covered, and leads me out the car. The lights hit me and I close my eyes, pain making its way through my head. I will never drink this much again!

"Ouch..." my hand makes contact with my head and look down.

"What's wrong!?" Mateo asks, his voice panicked and his hold on me tighten.

"My head hurts" he lets out a sigh of relieve.

"I have painkillers, c'mon" we round the corner and now I notice for the first time that a lot of guards are here, surrounding something in the back. Mateo leads me to the other side but I stop, looking at them. "You don't want to see that..." ignoring him, I walk over, approaching the guards. He makes an attempt to stop me but I shrug him off. "Emily..." stepping closer, the men notice me and part, looking tense at each other but when I see what's going on, I gasp, reaching behind me to hold Mateo's hand.

"Omg...Are-are they...Dead?" nobody response and I turn, meeting Mateo's gaze. "Mateo...Are they!?" I ask panicked but his silence is my answer. Then I look at the men but they don't speak either. "Is that a 4?" I point at an old-timer, on it the number 4 painted with red...with blood... my gaze meet Mateo's, his brows furrowed and that sent shivers down my spine. "Who-What-When-" my breathings are getting fast and my head is spinning; I'm getting a panic attack. Tears start to form in my eyes, my stomach makes a double flip but I hold everything in, refusing to throw up in front of everyone.

"Emily?" Mateo asks, stepping closer but I take a step back.

"What's going on!? Is it that guy again!? Did he murder them!?" he wraps his arms around me, holding me against his chest and I inhale the familiar scent that I'm getting used to.

"Shh..." he whispers in my ear, reassuring me everything is going to be fine but it won't. "It's been a long night" his hand glides up and down my back, making my muscles relax a little bit more and the shivers stop, so does my stomach. "Let's go home and get you to bed, I promise I will kill this man" I nod, crying and holding him as tight as possible against me, wishing I could crawl under his skin and stay there forever...

I didn't sleep at all; the night has been a hell. People constantly came in and out, talking to Mateo, waiting for his order but they all left around 3 in morning, thank god. Mateo slept with me, holding me tight in his arm while I heard his steady heartbeat and his breathing getting slower and deeper; he at least slept a few hours but soon woke up when I turned around at least 50 times. He then asked me what's going on but I told him the same answer: my head hurts. He nodded but I know he didn't believe.