Chapter 50: Dad-talk

A/N: Hey everyone, sorry for the cliffhanger in the previous chapter, I couldn't help it, haha. Sit comfortable and enjoy <3<3<3

(P.S: Finally chapter 50!!!)

Emily

Mateo shifts underneath me, waking me up from a dreamless sleep and I sit up, looking around. Two doctors stroll towards us, a tired expression on their faces.

"Mr. El Ricci?" one of them says while Mateo makes his way towards him.

"Yes" he replies, his back tight. We all stand up as well and I make my way to him, stopping to hear what the doctors has to say.

"The operation was a success!" the old one announce, making Olivia jump while she holds a crying Bella in her arms. Enzo and Sebastian both give each other a brother-like-hug and I take two steps towards Mateo, hugging him from behind. His body relaxes at my touch and he sighs, holding my hand in his.

"He made it" I whisper to him and he spins me around, surprising the shit out of me when I feel his lips on mine and I can't help but sink into his touch, letting out a soft moan; I didn't knew I was so desperate for this.

"I'm so happy" he whispers back, his eyes glancing behind me where the doctors stand. "I want to see him" he commands.

"We know, sir, but he's asleep now and we need to do a few tests for no other issues"

"Other issues?" Mateo asks and the whole waiting room is silence. The two doctors look at each other, rethinking if they should tell us or not.

"He looked pretty bad when he came in; 5 ribs are broken, his arms are badly bruised and he has a heavy concussion..." the doctor's eyes turn sad. "There's 95% chance he lost his memories"

"Fucking Hell..." Mateo whispers and my hand cover my mouth, stopping the gasp that wants to escape.

"But most importantly we need to check if he can move at all because he won't react to our incentives"

"Nothing at all?" I ask, my brows furrowed; if he can't move that means he... They shake their heads, confirming what I thought.

"What does that mean?" Mateo asks me even when he knows the answer but he wants to be sure.

"That means he could be paralyzed..." I answer simply. Nobody dares to talk now...

"It's late" The young doctor looks at the window. "Even when the sun rises now" he flash us a smile. "Mateo El Ricci, Enzo El Ricci and Sebastian Lavadzza need to stay here, we need to watch you closely. I don't want to know what you guys did but it must be serious when this is the result" and they turn around, disappearing through the door.

"Can you stay here?" Mateo asks me when the visitor's time is almost over.

"I can't" I shake my head. "It's almost 4 pm"

"So?" he says like it's the stupidest answer I gave him in forever.

"That means that the visitor's time is over"

"This is a VIP-room, you can stay" I look around; it's indeed better than the other rooms I've seen. In this place at least 10 patient beds can fit, this is a waste of space if you ask me.

"Where would I sleep, the ground?" I point at the spot next to him and he laughs but it soon fades, replaced with coughs. "Are you okay?" I run to him, rubbing his back.

"I'm fine" he says, kissing me on my cheek. "Just don't make me laugh, then everything will be okay" I give him a smile.

"I'll try, but no promises" a knock sound in the room, starting me a little.

"Yes!" Mateo yells and his dad walks inside, a tight expression on his face; in this moment he reminds me so much of Mateo. They both have the same electric, blue eyes and I can imagine his grey hair black.

"Could you give me a moment with my son?" he command rather than asks.

"Whatever you want to say, it will have to be with my wife here" he gives me a reassuring smile and somehow I stand straighter, happy he said that.

"Alright then..." he starts in Italian, walking towards the window, staring at the beautiful sky. "I wanted to let you know that you are doing a shitty job at this leadership!" he turns now, his eyes anger. "Celeb almost died, what the fuck are you doing!?" Mateo's eyes flare with anger as well.

"That none of your business, I'm the Don now and you have nothing to say anymore"

"I still have a say, young man" he points at him now. "You need to learn what your priorities are! The last couple of weeks you're different and NOT in a good way. I understand that New York is your dream but don't forget the rules! Italy is the family's top priority!"

"Like I don't know that!" Mateo tries to sit up but soon gives up when his chest aches too much. "I have anything under control!"

"You think that but the last time Enzo is taking your task in Italy and I've heard Olivia is taking over it here!" now he looks at me, his expression disgusted. "I know that you have a wife but she needs to understand that your power is on your top list, not her! And why she anyways, she's just a contract anyways; there is plenty of pussy out there, why hers? She may be able to give you a good blowjob but others can give you that too-"

"-Enough!" I put my hand on his fist; Mateo needs to calm down, he's ready to hit something...or more someone... "I won't let you talk about her like that; I'm not like you who fuck around after their marriage" his dad chuckles like it's the funniest thing Mateo could ever say.

"I wished you were, then at least your mind was straighter. She fucked you up like all the women in this world-"

"-I'm sorry you think that way but maybe it's just his way of working" I say back in Italian and I earn two confused faces.

"You speak Italian?" Mateo asks me, surprised and I nod.

"It's the truth" his dad says to me. "You fucked him up and I don't like it, it's time that you learn your place because otherwise you're responsible of our family's dead" with that he walks out the room, leaving me and Mateo alone.

"I need to know Emily" Mateo start when there's an awkward silence. "How long have you known how to speak Italian?" I turn around and meet his angry yet somber gaze. Guess I need to come clean about that.

"I learned it at school" he nods, confused. "I already could speak French so I talked with the teachers that the languages I wanted to learn were Italian and Greek" he nods again.

"Why have you never told me that?" he pulls me into the bed, holding my back against his chest and breathing in. "You smell so good" he whispers in my ear and Goosebumps break free over my body.

"You never asks" I crack my neck, giving him access and he takes it, kissing me there.

"You always have smart answers"

"I know..." I sigh, enjoying this feeling a little too much; his hand lowers to my chest, cupping my breast before going lower; my insides clenches. Leaning against him, he finds his way inside the jeans I'm wearing, a finger dipping inside the pants.

"God...I want you so bad right now" he growls, his finger finding my wetness and I can't help the yelp that escapes me.

"Have me then..."

"I want but my body hurt as fuck..." he whispers embarrassed. "But that doesn't stop me from touching you..." oh god, touch me...

A/N: Yes, Mateo...touch her...