Chapter 73: Here we go

My head hurts when I open my eyes; where am I?

"She's awake" a male voice says and I turn to the sound, only to find Ben walking in the room I'm in. This isn't the basement...fuck, my back aches...Ben comes closer and I try to go but my hands tied back to the chair. I squirm, trying to break free but it's no use.

"You can't escape now, little girl" he says with a grin and squats in front of me; his face alone makes me want to puke all over him. "I wanted this to be as comfortable as possible for you but after the stunt of yesterday, you don't give me a choice" I feel rage in my chest and I want to kick his stupid face and I do, but my legs are also bind to the chair; fuck. "Calm down"

"How am I support to do that if you tie me up!" I sneer back, disgust filling my voice.

"As long as you sit still and look pretty, then I'll consider bringing you back to the basement where you first were" he says, pointing at the door; so I'm still in the same place as before, that's good. I just hope Mateo will find the necklace but who am I kidding? I'm in Pennsylvania what's almost 200 miles from New York City...Who knows, maybe someone indeed found it and took it for itself; stop think so low! There's looking for you. "But I need to say Emily, good job" I arch a brow.

"For what?"

"I thought our little girl was innocent, weak but I guess I underestimated you; you can fight" he looks at the guards behind me and I turn as well to find him with a black eye, a cut at his forehead and a broken nose...I did that? I don't really remember much; I just had one goal: getting out of there. the guard give me a dead stare; he hates me.

"Ben" I say softer and his face falls a little, affection towards me showing; he likes me, I know it...I can use that against him but I don't know it's a good idea. "Why me?"

"What do you mean?"

"If you want to hurt Mateo so bad, then why do you take me?"

"Isn't it obvious?" he stands up, towering over me. "He loves me, you're the one he cares...But I don't really want to hurt him and definitely not you"

"What do you want then?" I ask him, curious and scared for the truth.

"I want NYC back"

"What do you mean back?" he sighs at my question and motion for everyone to leave the room. He takes a chair himself and sits opposite me.

"I don't know why I'm saying this but I guess you only can listen so...I'm the lost child of the Russian Mafia" he starts. "I found out I'm adopted when I was young so I tries to find my real dad. It took me so long but I found him...then I realized he was a mobster, a bad man yet they took me in like I was a family member they haven't seen for a while. They were kind. That aside..." he takes a deep breath. "I also had a older brother, he and I may not had a good relationship but I loved him; I was only child here but there I wasn't...After a while he showed me love back and we became best friends" he looks down a smile coating his lips. "Everything when right until HE came" Now he looks disgusted. "Mateo came in New York City and killed my brother" I look down as well; right...Mateo wrote that in his diary. He killed the oldest son of a Russian mafia to get his empire. "I want revenge!" he says firmly. "I need to that! I can't let the family down"