Chapter 35: 5 shots

Emily

Mateo looks me over, a puzzled gaze on his too handsome face. I swift uncomfortable on my feet, thinking over if it was a good idea to have a talk with him about his attitude, right here and right now; what have I done...

"Talk about what?" he arches a brow, an expression he wears a lot more these days.

"Not here, let's go...There!" I gesture at a wooden door, no idea what that door is but let's hope I can talk with him without anyone listening. He does what I say, walking over, opening it and scans the room, making sure it's safe; he does that always, it's something I noticed about him. In every room he enters he scans the place, not wanting to be surprise. He nods to Kevin and James.

"You can go, I will come in a bit" they follow his command.

"Mrs. El Ricci" Kevin says before leaving me and my husband alone.

"Butterfly, do you come?" I nod.

We enter a room with a lot of files, like a lot of them. Isn't this room supposed to be closed from people, weird? I walk further, looking at the shelves. Mateo closes the door, a sudden hunger filling his eyes and I know what he is thinking.

"I'm not having sex with you here!"

"Why do you think I would have sex with you here, in this abandon room where nobody can hear us..." his voice lowers an octave, strolling over to me all the while he talks. "...a place where you will scream my name when I sink to my knees, pulling down that jean and eat your tight, sweet pussy and then... I'll make you come on my tongue so hard you will beg for more?" he close the gap between us, his right hand skimming my arm. I suck in a breath, refusing to meet his gaze. "Look at me, butterfly" his fingers gently cups my chin, turning my face up and I meet his dark, lustful eyes.

"I love the offer but first we need to talk, then we will see what happens next" I stand straight. Sex doesn't always solve everything; I know he is using his attraction I have for him against me, but not this time. Pain flutters in his eyes and he backs away a few feet.

"Alright" his walls go up again and I hate it but I need to be happy with what I have and that's his attention.

"You can't just yell at people, especially people you know, people you care about" I start.

"Who says I care about her?" he snaps back.

"Why else would you go this far to help her? I know you had paid a shit ton of money to get her in this school this late of the school year. Normal schools would never accept children this late, it's almost June" he doesn't look away and so do I. "What I meant was..." I sigh. "She is emotional right now and you yelling at her is so not helping" I shake my head. "We need to support her, help her and make her happy-"

"-Why does it means so much to you?" he cuts me off and the question gets me off guard. I think about a reply but come up with nothing...

"I don't really know..." I lean against a nearby wall, feeling my cheeks burn up with embarrassment. "...It's just, I feel like I should protect her, to be there for her, just like a-"

"-Mother?" Mateo finishes for me and I nod, tears forming in my eyes. I cover my face, not wanting him to see me like this but let's be real; he has seen me at my worst already. Two strong arms comes around me, pulling my against a strong chest I know all too well. His scent inviting my nostrils and I feel my body relax on instant; I hate this feeling, being safe, not because I feel it but because I feel it with him. From all the people it's him I feel save and protected the most. His hand glides up and down my back, soothing me until no tears fall anymore.