Chapter 38: Asshole

A/N: Look at me, almost everyday I write a new chapter; first I said I wouldn't write for a week but guess not! Haha! School is killing me, Thursday I have 5 test, 5!!!! Let's hope I pass them...

Enjoy Reading!!!!

Emily

"Red button! Press the red button!" Liam yells next to me. I press it but too late and now I lose.

"Game over" the screen says and I sink to the floor, Liam is hovering over me while Lucy eats the cookies I baked. He sighs, giving me a disappointed look.

"I...I thought Lucy was bad-"

"-Hey! I'm not!" she yells, cutting him off but he ignores it.

"-But this? Is it so difficult to just shoot him in the head?"

"I'm not used to shoot people" I reply, jumping back to my feel and sit in Liam's couch. Yes, I'm playing a video game, or trying to...I promised Liam I would play a few games with him but it looks like I'm not that good; okay, that's an understatement. I SUCK!

"Well, get used to it, if you can't even beat Logan in a videogame then what would happen in real life?"

"I'm just a pro, admit it man" Logan, Liam's best friend, says through the phone. He couldn't be here, he's not allowed, but calling him via WhatsApp is the best he can get to stay in contact with us.

"Fuck off!" Liam response and stops the call. He rests his hand on his hips, looking down on me. "We need to practice more, A LOT MORE"

"If Emily can't do it, then she can't" Lucy says, reassuring me. I smile at her, thankful she's on my side. Liam start to speak, rage in his eyes.

"Lucy-" *TRING!!!* Liam's phone goes off and he curses before picking up. "YOU MOTHER FUCKER! IF YOU-" he stops dead in track, his face getting paler by the second. "-No, Mateo, sorry, I thought you were someone else" he murmurs something and speaks again. "Emily, yeah she's with me, why?" he looks at me, fear coating his face and then he gives me the phone. "Mateo wants to talk to you" I arch a brow but take the phone.

"Yes, what's wrong?"

"Why don't you pick up the phone?" I don't answer. I didn't take my cell phone with me on purpose; I just want him to leave me alone. "Emily?" I stand up, walking in the hallway and close the door.

"I just didn't want to hear you today" I say truly.

"Is it because of yesterday? Because if it is, then-"

"-Just leave it, Mateo, what did you want to say" he sighs and it takes him a few seconds to answer.

"Tonight we are going to the club and-"

"-have fun!" I'm pissed, I'm really pissed for no reason but I want him to feel how much he hurt me yesterday.

"Don't be like this Emily, I'm sorry, I'm truly sorry but this is just the truth, I can't...I can't love, I'm not going through that shit again, either will you, so let's save the pain and have fun while we still can" I nod, feeling the tears burn in my eyes at that statement. Why did I even bother trying to makes things work?

"Okay, so the club?"

"Yeah, we are going tonight, Olivia wants to celebrate something, Bella can come too if she wants, as a matter of fact Olivia already invited her and they're both on their way to pick you up"

"Wait what!?" as if on cue the doorbells goes off, Tyler walks over to the door, checking who's there. "Tyler, who's there?"

"Olivia and Bella, Mrs. El Ricci" I nod. "Let them in"