Chapter 46: Small scars

A/N: After a long time...here is the next chapter you're all been dying to read; Enjoy!!!

Mateo

A phone goes off, startling us all.

"Fuck..." Liam whispers when he looks at the ID caller. He looks at us, especially Emily. "Sorry, didn't mean to curse" but she shakes her head, looking at her food; she still doesn't eat anything...I tried spaghetti yesterday after the doctor came, but no luck.

"Who is it?" I ask, eating the steak I made and I'm happy I still can cook after these 3 months; usually Emily makes the food and it's damn good if you asks me.

"Mom..." oh, that woman. Signing, I pull my hand out. "What?"

"Give me the fucking phone and I'll answer for you" his eyes glisters with hope and eagerly give it. "What do you want, Helena?"

"Mateo!?" Liam's mom answers, putting her seducing voice on; god, I hate her! She ones tried to flirt with at a dad's party. It's weird, I know, but she and I aren't much older. Helena is only 36 and a beautiful woman but a whore...I NEVER slept with her because I'm that kind of asshole; she's my little brother's mom. "How are you?"

"You're not asking what's wrong with Liam?" I look at him only to stare down his plate.

"Liam...?"

"You know? You're son?" Helena is silence for a moment before she replies.

"I know who he is-"

"-Just so you know, he's fine and his school grades also fine"

"That's good to hear" she says sarcastically; fuck, I hate her. How can you be like that to your own son? "But is that important? The El Ricci's are rich, you don't need to go to school" I chuckle, not believing she just said.

"Helena, I may not be like dad who doesn't give a fuck about school, but I know how important that it. I don't want your son to be in this kind of life and as head of the family, I kind of choose that-"

"-Right, you're Boss now...What do you think if we go somewhere, you know" I feel her winking though the phone.

"Helena, I'll make something really clear" I look at Liam then to Emily, holding her gaze. "I'm married which means I only have sex with one woman" Liam and Lucy both are blushing right now, feeling embarrassed; they know what I'm talking about so they don't need to deny it. "What do you really want?" she sighs.

"I'll be staying here a little longer than planed...I've met a guy here in London and he's really nice..."

"Wow, no shit" I say sarcastically as well now.

"I mean it, he's...different, you know what that feels" and I can't say anything to that; she's right. Now, I have someone who is different... "Could Liam stay with you a little longer?" looking at him, I ask the question.

"Your mother asks if you want to stay here longer?" hope glitters in his eyes and he nod repeatedly. "He wants to stay, but Helena" she hums. "You need to take care of him, he needs a mother figure, when was the last time you cooked for him?" she doesn't say anything. "He needs someone, now he's alone, yes he has me and Emily but we also have our own life..."

"I know, but I never thought Giovanni would leave me for Vanessa" she says bitterly about my parents.

"We still do things the traditional way and one of them is that the head of the family chooses one wife; my dad will never take care of other woman's children" I look at Liam who is looking sad now and I squeezes his shoulder, letting him know I'm here.