The El Ricci's on vacation - Special Pt.7

The next day we arrive at the bungalow, telling everyone the big news

"No shit," Liam is the first to break the silence, winching when Mateo slaps his head because Vincent is in the room as well. "Welcome back mama," he says in his playful tone, hugging me.

Lucy is the next to do so, "I'm getting an extra sibling? I'm excited!" I kiss her head before he hugs Mateo as well.

"That's wonderful news!" Vanessa tells me, wrapping her arms around me as well, "How far are you?"

"A month I think," I still need to go to the doctor to clarify everything.

"Great, I'm getting an extra grandson," Giovani immediately says, not even really congratulating me.

"It could be a girl too," I add which irritated him a little. Me and him don't really fit in together. Never have and never will sadly enough.

"It should be a boy, then he can help with-"

"-No dad," Mateo cuts him off, anger coating his face. "We're not discussing this again. I was clear last time."

"So was I, son." He's calm, to calm for my liking when he says this. "but think about it. Wouldn't it be amazing that all your children join you in what our great-great-great grandparents have stared?"

Mateo stand behind me while I take Vincent in my arms, holding him close to me. I've got this overprotective side of me string to life whenever this discussion come to the table.

I want my son to have his own choice, not to be pushed by anyone at all. Not even me or Mateo. He needs a chance to life a normal life...or as normal as he can get anyways.

"Come here, children," Vanessa leads Lucy and Liam outside, offering me an apologetic smile before leaving us alone.

"Stop pushing me and Emily, we're not changing our mind!" he says this a little louder which causes Vincent to start crying a little but I hug him closer to me, willing this to stop. "He's fucking 6 months old and we're discussing his life right now?"

"Better start sooner than later, right?" now the conversation has started in Italian but both man sometimes forget I understand them. "I have so many things for him in the future. I'm saving money for when he gets his first gun and have his first fighting lesson-"

"-If he wants that, than you can give if but we're talking about the future of 15 years. Let him enjoy his life now." Mateo looks at me, his body visibly relaxing.

"Let me help-"

"-I don't want your fucking help!" Mateo's voice yells, the whole room silence. "I don't need you anymore dad," I get a feeling this is so much more then Vincent. He's finally letting everything out.

"I'm 31. I'm capable to raise my own son with my new family. Get that in your head for once. I want don't need you anymore; your time controlling me is over and I'm certainly won't let you control my children in any way possible."

He takes a step towards his dad.

"You can choose now. You either try and push me future but don't expect me to give in at all. I made up my mind the moment I knew I was becoming a dad that you won't have any say into this. Or you can either be the normal, supportive grandfather Vincent really needs," he takes a deep breath. "Your choice but think wise; you know how dead serious I am."

Vincent soft giggles fills the room, making Giovani's eyes land on him.

"Okay," he looks at me, "I'll take option two because I really got know Vincent on a different base," he explain, "made me realize how much of your growing up I missed." The words are sad, honest when he says this to Mateo whose face is set firm. "This is probably very late but I'm sorry for not being the dad you deserved. If I could turn time back I would have changed these things; maybe you'd turned out different. I don't know but one thing I know son," he steps towards Mateo now, grabbing his shoulder tight, "you're a better dad than I've ever will be. Vincent is one lucky bastard."

A tear slips past my cheek when I see the sight for me. Those two hugging. It's a little uncomfortable with the way their body is tense but I'm happy they talked this through.

I knew how much it bother Mateo at times and I hope now it doesn't anymore.

"Thanks dad," Mateo's voice is small when he says this and we all hug together because why not.

We need to use this opportunity right?

"I love you," Mateo whispers out of the blue, "for staying here even though you didn't said a thing." He kisses me deep and breaks the kiss to hold his son in his arms. "You are going to bring so much trouble to us once you're older but I'm ready. So is your mom..."

And right that is.

A/N: This is the ending. I know it's nothing really special or something but I though it would be fun...hope you enjoyed!

Love you all <3<3<3

The baby special for their second child will come soon. The gender and name is already choosen but if you have any sugestion, they're welcome!