Chapter 22: Poker night

Emily

"It was nice seeing you again" Vanessa says, hugging me tight. I smile.

"Likewise"

"Let me know when you are bored or anything, I want to go shopping with my girls. Especially now that I have you"

"Yeah, you should come!" Olivia replies, taking my hand. "We can have a lot of fun!"

"Okay, we should do that" I say back, exciting.

"Honey, we need to go! Let the young people have fun!" Giovanni says, looking me right in the eye. "It was nice seeing you but a little advice" he looks behind me were my lovely husband is waiting for me. "Follow the rules, it looks bad when the wife can say and do what they want. We don't do hearts and flowers, you need to know...we have rules in the Mafia community, understand?"

"I do, sir" I reply nicely.

"Good, come honey!"

We say our farewells. I look at Mateo who is on his phone, frowning.

"Don't worry, it's his usually face" Olivia says and I giggle.

"Are you going to come to the poker night?" Olivia looks me over like I just asked if she wanted to eat ice-cream all night.

"Of course I will! Why do you think otherwise?" I shrug my shoulders.

"Are you going to be riding with us?" I ask when we make out way to Mateo's car.

"Hell no! He is going to-"

"-Kill you?" Mateo finish Olivia's sentence, but she just grins.

"I was going to say that, but no. I'm going to ride with Sebastian and Celeb" and she is gone, but not before kissing me on the cheek.

"Get inside, the room is almost ready for us" Mateo says, not bothering kissing me or asking how I feel. I guess we are back at being strangers...

Sighing, stepping inside.

5 minutes have passed, 5 minutes of awkward silence but Mateo decide to break it.

"You need to follow the rules now!"

"Why?" I ask, but I know the answer. He arches an eyebrow.

"We have rules in our community, I let it slip a while so you could get used to me, to us, and I tried; look at the wedding night. It ended well, right?" he says sarcastically. "But it's time now that you take your part of being an El Ricci woman and a Bosses wife" he doesn't give one glance, just looking at the road.

"Okay..." I say. He is right, I need to follow the rules, otherwise it would make him a warm type of guy and that isn't a good sign for a Mafia Boss. "What do I need to do? I have read the paper you gave me but there are so many rules, I can't do them in 1 2 3..."

"Rule 3: don't talk back, woman don't have a say. That's a rule you just overstep" he says, looking at me know. "I know it's difficult but you need to learn to keep your sweet little mouth shut; it can get you in danger"

"Why?"

"Just because, our community have respectful wives who don't talk back, smile to everyone and do things their husbands ask them-"

"-You mean ordering or commanding?"

"Here you go again..." Mateo sighs. "Look, I can give you everything your heart desire. If you ask me to buy you all the diamond in NY, hell, in United States, I will buy them. If you ask me to buy you dogs and cats to make you feel less lonely, then I will buy it. Do you see a dress that you like? Here is my credit card, buy it"