Chapter 76: Payback

I grip the door handle extra tight like if I let it go, I will sink to the floor

I grip the door handle extra tight like if I let it go, I will sink to the floor. My knees feel weak, my throat dry when I stare onto my wife, the woman I truly love and it fucking kills me to see her like this; her face is pale, the usual blush gone. Her eyes are rimed red and blue, her cute nose not broken but slightly bruised. Letting the handle go, I make an attempt to take a step towards her, everyone of them feeling like a punch in the guts. How did we get to this? It should have been me who was this injured. I should have been in a coma not her.

I take another step, now towards her right side and look at all the IV in her arms, the giant tube in her mouth which makes her able to breathe. Reaching over, I take her hand in mine, now feeling how weak she actually is. Fuck...

"Hey, Butterfly" I whisper softly, surprised it was even possible with the dry throat I have. "I'm sorry" I sit on the bed, the beeps of the monitor of her heart far in the distance when I kiss her bruised knuckles; so fragile. "I'm so, so sorry for not protecting you right" I pull a lock of her soft brow hair aside so I can scan her face; even after all the beating she must have had to endure, she looks gorgeous; beautiful. "I promise you, I will get that bastard fucking killed; even if it's the last thing I do" and I mean it; I'm going to kill that fucking bastard and not in a friendly way, oh hell no, I'm going to give him regret for touching what's mine and that's Emily...

I park on the side road, anger and adrenaline filling me. It's been 3 days since we found Emily and now...now we found Ben as well. I got a message 15 minutes ago from Sebastian where he said that they found the one who hurt my wife and now I'm planning on hurting him. I step out, Enzo in the distance waiting for me, a giant grin playing on his face; that bastard.

"Hey, Mateo"

"Enzo" I greet him back. "Why are you smiling?"

"Because it felt fucking good to kick that motherfucker in the guts but don't worry, he's not dead...not yet anyways" we both make our way to the same basement where I held the Chin's princess not so long ago. "How is Emily?" he asks suddenly.

"She's doing fine" I reply because I just don't want to talk about her in this situation; it feels wrong. "So does the baby" I quickly add before we enter the room.

"AHHHH!" someone screams of pain and I think we all know who it is. "I SWEAR THAT MY FAMILY WILL KILL YOU" Ben yells, blood spilling out of his mouth with every word.

"It's worth the risk" Sebastian replies, giving him another punch so hard I swear I hurt bone breaking; I think Sebastian feel as much ager as I do. "Boss" he announces when he spots me, immediately stepping away from Ben who's sitting in a chair, tied up like Emily did but only he looks worst than she did.

"Sebastian" I reply, slowly making my way towards him. "Thanks for doing the fun part" he grins at my words; that fucker.

"Mateo El Ricci" Ben spews out, his blood on the ground.