Chapter 31: Private number

A/N: It's a smaller chapter but the next chapter will be huge, just making you excited for the nex one;-)

I want to thank all of you guys, without you I wouldn't have stand where I stand today <3<3<3

Emily

Its evening and we just came back from the shopping. It was pretty fun, minus the 6 bodyguards that came with us, but overall just fine. Lucy was kind of overwhelmed, this isn't something she is used to; so she stayed with me most of the time. We bought a lot of stuff for her like a new queens-sized bed and furniture like a desk, curtains, rugs, etc. She loved it...however, she kind of felt bad too for Mateo to buy her that stuff. Mateo would say that it didn't matter and Liam took advantage of that; he bought a PS5 with 10 games like Valhalla, Demons souls and a lot more. Boys and game, I don't get that and never will...

"Emily! Emily!" Lucy yells, I close my laptop and turn at her. I'm waiting for a response almost 10 hours. I contacted a certain person who could help me with the answers I need but he still didn't replied, that sucks. "I% don't know what to wear tomorrow" she says shyly. I give her a small smile.

"What about the clothes Mateo bought?" yes, he also bought Lucy new clothes because let us say that her own ones weren't really neatly...she had some old clothes from her mother.

"I can't choose between them!" Lucy will go to high school tomorrow for the first time. I know, she's only 13 but she will be 14 next month and she is smart, but really smart. We did a test last week to see how much she can still remember before the accident and she knew everything and even more; it's impressive.

"I'll come, give me minutes" she nods and goes up the stairs. Mateo is to the club to get some papers and left me with two teenagers, thank you...I open my laptop, drinking some smoothie the housekeeper made; it's delicious, something with strawberry and banana. Then I notice a notification. Opening it, I feel my heartbeat beating faster.

Enzo: What's the problem?

That's right; I contacted Enzo, from all the people in the world I choose him, why? He studied Law, that's what Olivia told me when she called me, and is the sort of lawyer of the El Ricci family; he should know everything from this. I sent him everything what happened, not in detail but more of a 'What if' situation.

Enzo: Alright, give me time to think!

Enzo: Here's my private number and the code to go to the line.

He sent it and the code is 666, that's a simple one. I look at the clock and see the 5 minutes have past. Saving the code in my contacts I go to Lucy's room.

When I stand in the hall, I hear Liam talking to someone.

"What do you mean, man?" clicking noises filling the room; he's gaming. "Lucy? No, she's not in our year" he curses. "What? She's a freshman and off limits bro" I'm happy to hear that at least. "FIGHT BACK MAN!" he yells and that's my cue to close the door.

I enter Lucy's room and everything is already here. If you have money, many things can be done for you. She lies on bed, scrolling through her phone and when she notices me, she looks sad.

"Look" she goes to her closet and takes out two things; a flare kind of jeans that would look stunning on her and a short that kids would wear. "I can't choose between them, what should I take?"

"I think that the shorts give me a little middle school vibes and the flare ones" I point at them. "Those give me a vibe that you are older and more secure" she nods.

"You're right" she runs to the bathroom that's attached to her room and comes out with the jean on. She looks beautiful, especially with her orange hair and green, bright eyes. Her curves are showing too a little, she's still young of course.

"You look beautiful" I say and walk up to her. "What t-shirt are you going to wear on them?" she takes a white plain shirt that looks good on it; black jeans and a white shirt is the best and safest combination. "You look amazing" and she giggles at my response.

Two hours have past. Lucy lies in bed, sleeping and Liam storms in the room just when I take some wine. I feel like I could use this right now.

"Emily?" he asks me and sits on one of the bar stools in front of me. I arch a brow. What now? "Is Mateo treating you well?" he asks all of a sudden and I don't know the answer to that so I shrug my shoulders.

"Why do you ask?"

"Because..." he looks me right in the eye and I feel like he looks me right in my soul. All the El Ricci can do that with their gazes; it's like their blue eyes can look in someone's soul's and tell them what's wrong. "You look so sad" do I? "You do" he says and I swear he could read my mind. "I know my brother is an asshole but he is..." he's looking for the right words. "...Complicated"

"Tell me what" I say, rolling my eyes.

"Do you know why he is like that? Cold, fucking around and pretend he doesn't care" I nod. I do want to know why he is like he is today. "I'm going to tell you stuff but you need to promise you won't tell"

"I won't"

"But also don't tell him I told you, okay?"

"Why are you so secretive about it?" I ask him curious and he sighs.

"Because not many people know this, so this mean he well find out who did tell you, and...You will be shocked if you hear the true story of Mateo EL Ricci" I take a glass and fill it up with red wine, preparing myself for the worst.

"Okay, tell me everything" Oh god...Do I want to know that?

A/N: Wow! What is going to happen? Will it affect the future and more importantly...What exactly is Liam going to say?

Do you have an idea? Let me know...<3<3<3