Chapter 52: Dark hallway

A/N: Hey, this is going to be a ver quick Chapter. Next week school starts again, which means that uploading is going to take longer, I will try to do one Wednessday but no promises. Enjoy anf thank you for the 200K. *Crying and smiling at the same time*

Emily

The past couple of days had been a blur. Celeb's awake and doing fine; he can move his body again and is learning how to use his arm with Enzo. Sebastian could go home earlier because his only injury was a broken hand and Mateo and I are packing up our stuff to go home. To my surprise he healed better and fester then most doctors thought; yes, his ribs are bruised but not broken thank god.

"Can you pass me those socks?" he asks me when I put his last clothes in the suitcase.

"Sure" I take them out of the suitcase again and I give him those, smiling. "I'm happy you're going home again, it was kind of lonely"

"You had Liam and Lucy" he replies, grinning.

"Yes, but the bed was cold" I wink. "Speaking of Lucy..." I sit down next to him while he puts his shoes on. "...You're really planning on adopting her? I mean, I happy but isn't that too soon? You barely know each other"

"It doesn't mean that you never saw us talk that we didn't" he sits up, meeting my gaze. "While you were asleep, she and I talk a lot, even with Liam...She became like a part of the family in a short time but she fit and I know you feel the same towards her" I nod. "I read her file"

"How did you get that?" those files are private, only staff members have access and even we need to be checked twice before we get them.

"I rule this town, Butterfly, I have access to everything whenever I want" he kisses me on my forehead, lingering there for a few seconds longer and I sink into his touch, feeling warmth forming in my chest; I love him, I know it but I'm scared to tell him because what if it he doesn't feel the same? He is so confusing! One moment I think he might like me, not caring he bought me, but then the other moment he's an asshole! His mood shifts are so annoying; if I stand in his way he treats me like I'm garbage but then the next, when we're alone in our room he's kind, caring about me. "Can you give me my back Olivia just gave me?" he asks and points at the one on the chair.

"Here you go" I reply, sitting next to him while he looks inside, searching for something.

"Here" he says, handing me a black map. Giving it a curious glance, I open it, reading the title: Adoption. "The papers to adopt Lucy, it needs 3 signatures: me, you and Lucy herself" I read everything fast, nodding and when I finish at the bottom I see Mateo already signed his.

"Why do you want her?" I ask curious, closing the map.

"When I heard her story about her parents, it killed me...It kind of reminded me of someone who also had that childhood, I'm not going to say who but I think you know" I nod, picturing the person he means; Celeb had been treated the wrong way for years, Bella told me that. She said Celeb had been beaten up daily for no reason by his dad. "I knew he lived in that kind of world but I choose to ignore until it was kind of too late" he closes his eyes. "I don't want to go too deep but that's why I want to change her life; Lucy needs to get a change at luck and I want to give her that, even when it means adopting her" my hand cups his cheek, pulling his face closer and our lips just a breath away. "I'm not the monster most people think I am, Emily, I want you to know that..." and I kiss him, feeling his passion through this.

"Wait here for me, I'll need to make a quick call before we leave" Mateo says, walking away from me and I stand here all alone. Be calm, Emily, he will come in a bit. These days I'm scared to be alone. I don't really know why, okay, I'm lying. I'm scared of my stalker. Mateo still couldn't find who that bastard was but he assured me I'm protected all the time; even when I don't see any guard near me. Shit, my hands are shaking. I need to find Mateo, or someone I know. I pick up the suitcase, rolling it towards where Mateo just left but stop when I get a text message. Taking out my phone, I see I got a text message from an unknown number, shit. +347 333-3333. Oh god...

Unknown: I'm watching you

Unknown: You can't hide from me

Unknown: Your husband can't protect you 24/7

Unknown: Be aware, little girl

Shit, shit, shit, I need to find Mateo and fast. Looking around, find nobody here; how in the world can a hospital be empty? I try to push the door open but it's locked; What the? I turn, seeing that there are only 4 doors in this hallway, shit. I try to push them open but no use only one door...The one door with the dark hallway; seriously!? I should try to call Mateo first.

"This number is not available, speak a message after the-" Shit, I try again. "This number is not-" Fucking hell... what do I need to do now? In the corner of my eyes, I see a body moving in the darkness, walking towards me. Is that the stalker? Is this going to be my dead?

A/N: Oh, god...Is this really going to happen now? Now that she thinks that she might Love Mateo? Who's the stalker anyway? Any thoughts?