Chapter 27: Not the other way around

A/N: Here is the new Chapter! Thank you for reading, now I've got 7K views and it's amazing to know you are reading this right now! <3<3<3 sit back and enjoy reading...

Emily

"Emily! Emily!" I hear someone call. When I look up and find Sebastian and Liam looking for me. They find me in a few beats and run to us. I glance at Lucy who still looks shocked for what happen. This little girl...what have I done to her. "Emily! Are you alright!?"

"I am" I answer, still not believing what just happened. Scott is dead...really dead. A doctor comes to us and explains everything but I don't pay any attention. I can't concentrate on anything he says or what's happening around me. I feel like I'm in a daze. Suddenly I feel a hand gripping mine, when I look whose hand it is, it find Lucy holding it tight.

"Are you okay, Lucy?" I ask her but she doesn't move; like me she is staring at nothing.

"Emily?" I hear a sweet, manly voice say; Sebastian.

"He is dead...and it's my fault"

"No, it isn't, it was his job to protect you and he did just that"

"He is still dead...Scott was a sweet man..."

"He was..." I hear Lucy say and in response I squeeze her hand. Sebastian sighs and begins to talk again.

"Mateo-"

"-I don't want to hear" I firmly say. I still can't believe he slept with Kath...But be realistic, I knew this would happen. I knew he would be bored of me in no time. I hate him; all my respect I got for him is gone... Sebastian clears his throat.

"Your husband will be home in a few hours"

"Good for him" I reply back. Nice! When I want to see him I can't but now that I DON'T want to see him, he comes. Thank you god...

"I don't know what happened, but if he did something to piss you off then that wasn't his intention -"

"-Sleeping with Kath isn't his intention? My ass, Sebastian. He can do what he wants but touching or even getting close to me is the last thing he will do right now" I say a little too loud.

"Did my brother serious did that?" Liam asks. I forgot he was there is the first place. Lucy looks at him curious and he gives her a small smile but his attention is back to me.

"He did indeed" I look out the window. The hospital view is always so bad. The only thing you can see is the parking lot where people are waiting to get inside. Now I'm happy I'm rich. The VIP section is this hospital suck a little by the way...They couldn't even safe him.

"Let's go back to the penthouse" Sebastian says and turns to Lucy. "A car is waiting for you to go back to Kids&Go" Lucy looks at me with pleading eyes...I can't let her go now.

"She will come too" I say.

"But-"

"-No buts. She will come to the penthouse, Mateo can kiss my ass too!" I say in a commanding voice I never thought was possible. Sebastian's eyes widen at my response but he respects it.

"Okay, Miss El Ricci"

The ride home wasn't long or maybe it's because my mind was elsewhere. Who was that guy that was following me and Lucy? It must be the same one from my work but now I got the number 6...Fuck! 7-6...It's counting down, that means he will try at least 5 times before something really goes wrong. Who is that guy!? It could be Mateo's enemy; he warned me this could happen but he promised me I would be protected all the time...

We arrive in no time and I see that there isn't a car yet...Guess Mateo isn't home yet. Lucy steps out first and I follow her but Liam is faster and holds her tight. He whispers something to her, something I can't hear but I let it slip for now. He is comforting her and that's the imported part. Sebastian leads us to the elevator and not soon after we are all inside the penthouse, the only place I feel safe, no that's not true. There was also one place I felt safe; Mateo's arms but that place isn't mine anymore, it's Kath...

"Lucy, do you want to shower?" I ask her because that's the feeling I've got right now. I want to shower everything away. She nods. "We have a spare bedroom, you can-"

"-I will help her, Emily" Liam says. He stands behind Lucy and holds her shoulders. Lucy leans into his touch and looks at me, giving me a signal that everything will be okay. "You go do your thing, I can see you are overwhelmed but one advise I will give you" He looks straight into my eyes and I stand straighter, waiting to hear what he wants to say, even when I know it. "This is the life of a Mafia's wife, you need to get used to this and you are lucky today" I arched a brow. How can I be lucky? Scott died! "This is the least bad thing that can happen to you, when I first saw someone died I was 6 and the funny part was...I killed that person" and Liam and Lucy are gone.

It's been 6 hours. No sign of Mateo or anyone else. I decided to let Lucy stay for the night. She is still overwhelmed...Not so long ago she was screaming; she said she had a nightmare. I helped her to cool down and now she sleeps again with Liam now. Somehow when Liam helps me to get her calm and fall asleep she could let his hand go. He hated it a little but he agreed to lie next to her...I'm happy he did.

The front door opens before I make my way to the bedroom. I hear Sebastian say that I'm asleep so he should be silence but silence is something that won't be happening tonight. Storming downstairs, I see Mateo again. My heart makes a back flip but I ignore it. When they both notice me, he stares at me and sense something is wrong.

"You can leave, Sebastian!" I say, looking Mateo in the eye with a stern face. Sebastian first hesitated but leaves eventually.

"What are you-" SMACK! I smack him in the face before he can response. He looks shocked at first and then pissed off. "What the fuck was that for!?" he yells and aggressively backs me against the nearby wall. My head bangs into the wall with a hard thud that it stings.

"Why?" I say sarcastically. His hand goes to my throat and he squeezes a little. I'm not scared of him. "I know, Mateo, I know it all" I say and that confuses him.

"What do you mean?" he says in a deep voice that makes my skin shivers.

"That you and Kath slept together"

"We didn't-"

"-DON'T LIE TO ME, MATEO! I KNOW IT BECAUSE I CALLED TODAY TO ASK SOMETHING BUT GUESS WHO PICKED UP THE PHONE?" I scream and feel tears in the back off my eyes. He says nothing and that's the response I need. "I don't care anymore, if you want to fuck girls again, then that's fine but don't think you can still touch me"

"Do you really thing I did that?"

"Of course I do! She is someone special to you, you two had a history, you can't fool me"

"What if I did slept with her, will it change something between us?" he says calmly and it's kills me how he reacts.

"Why wouldn't it change?"

"Because this isn't real anyway, I bought you, remember" I raise my hand to slap him again but he pins both my hands above my head. I squirm, trying to break free but it's no use: he is too strong and I hate it. His head comes closer, hovering above my lips but I turn my face. If he really thinks everything is forget and forgive with one kiss then he is a so wrong. I feel his breath on my neck and he whispers something in my ear.

"You are mine, not the other way around" and that statement is so true; I'm his but he never would be mine...

A/N: Wow! Do you really think Mateo slept with Kath? Or do you think it was a misunderstanding? Thank you guys for all the likes and for reading it. I've got a little down period right now, but writing this gives me happiness, especially with you reading it! Love to all of you <3<3<3 (btw I'm in quarantine...I don't have corona but that means I will maybe post more ;-))

P.S: Check my new book too, YOUR LOVE IS DEADLY. It's a really fun and hot book ;-)