47

Jude nodded in agreement and stood by Felix's side, "Don't go off path. Just keep walking forward."

"How long until our paths meet?" I asked concerned we'll get lost and lose each other.

"I don't know for sure." Jude looked at me reassuringly. "Five, six hours max."

"You want us to be separated for that long?" I asked baffled at the distance.

"You'll be fine. Malcolm will be with you." Jude assured again.

I looked at Malcolm and he gave a small nod in acknowledgment.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine." Jude pulled me into a short hug, kissing the top of my forehead before pulling away, holding me by my shoulders, looking me in the eyes, "You'll have my ring to think of me." he quickly pecked my lips before leaving my side.

I fiddled with his ring on my middle finger.

Malcolm and I stood in front of one of the doors while Jude and Felix stood in front of the other.

"We'll see them on the other side," Malcolm spoke up causing me to look away from Jude.

"I know," I responded and looked back at Jude and Felix when I heard them walk through the door.

"Let's go." Malcolm held out his hand for me to take.

I looked up at him then back to his hand and hesitantly took it.

Malcolm squeezed my hand slightly before opening the door and walking through it.

I took a deep breath and felt myself being sucked through the door, Malcolm's hand grasping mine tightly.

Malcolm quickly helped me steady myself when I almost fell to my knees.

"What's happening?" I asked shocked putting my free hand on my chest to calm my heart. I looked at the door and watched it slowly disappear.

"Once we step out the door it disappears, if we want to leave, we'll need to find another." Malcolm explained and slowly led us forward.

--

We walked for two to three hours, hand in hand before my legs grew sore.

"We should take a break. I don't think I can walk any longer." I stopped walking and slowly sat on the ground leaning against a tree, letting go of Malcolm's hand in the process.

Malcolm looked into the distance and nodded, "Only for a little bit, the sun looks like it's going down again."