56

We all turned to face the voice except for Jude who continued to squeeze Parker's neck.

God, he was beautiful.

"Emrys, you're back," Elliot said and lowered his head slightly.

This was Emrys.

"And I see you've brought guests," Emrys added, walking forward.

Parker began to gasp for air, the blood causing him to choke.

Emrys did nothing but watch.

And no one did anything but watch.

Parker's neck snapped, his head rolled to the side and Jude finally let him go. Parker's body fell to the floor with a loud thud.

Jude's nails went back to their normal size and his eyes slowly went back to their normal hue of brown. He stepped back and lowered his hands to his sides. His breathing was still slightly heavy from anger. He turned to look at me, his eyes still had the faintest of red in them. 

The blood on his hands dripped onto the floor.

"Perhaps we should move to another room," Emrys suggested and walked out with us all following him, leaving Parker behind.

Parker's body twitched once more before it went still.

Jude went forward to grab me but I backed away. His eyes flashed with hurt and he slowly retracted his hand.

Please don't think I'm afraid of you.

"Blood. You have blood on your hands." I explained quickly knowing he thought I was.

"Oh." He simply said and looked at Elliot.

Elliot seemed to understand his look and handed Jude a rag.

Jude wiped his hands clean and gave the rag back to Elliot, who threw it on the floor.

After, Jude grabbed my hand and gripped it tightly. "I hope you don't think I'm using you for my pleasure," he said causing me to look at him.

I didn't say anything, I let him continue talking.

 "I saw how you looked at me when Parker said what he said. The only thing I don't really get... is why you looked at Malcolm too."