88

Y/n's POV

Emrys and I have been resting for the past two hours.

He made a fire big enough to keep us warm– mostly me. He laid on the ground facing the sky, one of his hands behind his head and the other stretched out into the sky, his hand moving slowly back and forth like he was measuring the distance of the stars although the sun was up.

"What are you doing?" I asked, laying on my back to copy Emrys' actions.

"I always do this." He had a faint smile on his face. "At the house, I'd lay down in the yard, looking out into the sky. It's like a reflex, but my hand would automatically reach out. No one would see me out there, Elliot, Adrien, and Parker all did their own things. To them, I'm just their 'leader' or 'boss'. Whatever you'd like to call it." He sighed, emphasizing the two words.

"Why? Does the sky fascinate you?" I questioned, sincerely.

"You know," He changed the subject. "I don't understand why I was banished." He retracted his hand and placed it behind his head.

"I know I said I did, but it was a lie. They trusted me enough to gift me abilities, yet they were so careless to throw me out." he swallowed, remembering the day he was banished. "I left behind my friends, I left behind everything I had."

"I'm-"

"No." He interrupted. "You have nothing to be sorry for. I am only telling you how I feel." he turned to me with another smile. "Do you know Benjamin?"

"Benjamin Gold?" I said the name of the only Benjamin I knew of.

"Yeah." Emrys chuckled, which turned into a sad laugh. "He is my brother." he sniffled. 

"You have a brother?" My face contorted in confusion with this new information.

"No, but he is like a brother to me. I didn't even get to say goodbye. The moment I had gotten caught, they took me away and banished me. Do you think he remembers me?" Emrys turned back to the sky.

"I don't know much about Benjamin. I was only allowed to talk to him because he was training for his wings, they had him test his abilities for my false memories." I explained. "He did seem a bit worn out."

Emrys' hand went back to being stretched out. "I stretch my hand out because it makes me feel closer to Heaven." He changed the subject back. "Like Benjamin or anyone will reach down and take me back." His smile faltered as his eyes watered. "It is a foolish thought, a foolish thought that could cause me harm if Satan found out."

I nodded in understanding. "Shall we reach out together?" I asked, turning my head to face him. 

Emrys turned to look at me, another small smile planted on his chiseled face as he shrugged. "Why not."

I had fallen asleep an hour later after our small chat. I assume Emrys didn't mind because he hadn't woken me up. I had woken up on my own to see Emrys had fallen asleep too, his back turned to me.

The fire was still at large, the sun still up in the sky.

I sat up stretching my body, the leaves crinkling under me. 

Emrys turned in his sleep, now facing me. His shirt lifted up as he lifted his arms above his head, stretching with me in his sleep.

My eyes couldn't help but trail down to his revealed stomach. The fire was no help as I stared at his bare stomach, the heat making me sweat a little along with my nerves.

I swallowed nervously before turning away, laying back down, my back facing Emrys, Jude's ring on my middle finger feeling really heavy right now.

The urge to turn back around was tempting but I held back, twisting Judes ring on my finger.