71

"You're a what?" I looked at him with my mouth agape.

"A wizard, Harry." Emrys slapped his knee laughing hard. "Oh come on, you have no humor." He stopped laughing, gaining his composure. "A fallen angel." He repeated, rolling his eyes playfully. "I doubt you recognize me, although we basically grew up together, I've been in hell for 4 years."

I stayed silent trying to comprehend the information he was telling me.

"I'm about seven years older than you. I used to watch the new arrivals come every day. I think you were barely one when you arrived. You were different, I don't know why, but you were. The guardians made me keep away from you, something about a prophecy or whatever." He gestured for me to sit in one of the armchairs in his office as he sat down in his. "You were..." He trailed off. "How old are you right now?" 

"21" I answered.

"Ahh, died at the ripe age of one." He smiled sadly. "I didn't even take my first breath." 

I stayed silent again. How did he want me to respond to that?

"Anyways, no sob stories. You were 17 when I was banished. I was banished at the age of 24, I should be 28 right now, but thanks to God I'm not." He leaned back in his chair. "I get to stay 24 forever."

"Why were you banished?" I questioned. "I've never known anyone that's been banished."

"Do you want the truth?" He asked leaning forward.

"Of course I want the truth." I disclosed, my brow quirked up in confusion.

He sighed a little, rubbing his face. "I talked to you."

"What?" I looked at him shocked. "I've seen and talked to you before?" 

"They must have removed me from your head." He affirmed, examining my confused face.

"Why would banish you for that?" I asked in disbelief. "People talked to me all the time."

"Not men. Not boys. Not males." He said with his eyebrows quirked up.

My mouth opened in shock and I looked to the floor when I realized he was right. "Why?"

"I don't know." He stated. I looked at him sadly. "Probably something to do with the prophecy."

Another thing to add to my list of faults, Emrys is down here because of me.