77

We all lay on the grass, drying up in the sun. Our clothes stuck to our skin as we laughed together listening and telling each other stories of our lives.

"Should we head in for dinner?" Emrys asked, calming his laughter down, his face slightly red from the lack of oxygen he was intaking.

"Alright." Jude got up from his spot beside me and held a hand out for me to grab. I grab ahold of his hand and he roughly pulled me up making me fall onto his chest. "Calm yourself, dear. There are people here." he teased, a mischief glint in his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and smacked his chest at his playful manner. "Oh shut up." I chuckled with him.

"Are you guys coming or what?" Emrys called from the door. Everyone had already gone inside.

"Yes, we're coming!" I yelled back.

We began walking to the house. I looked up seeing a figure at the top window.

Parker.

Has he been watching us? Why?

I shook my head from any thoughts about him and continued my journey to the kitchen with Jude.

Our dinner went how it normally did. Parker was still nowhere to be seen. He would come down for dinner at times, however, tonight he didn't.

--

Another month has passed, Jude was busier than usual. I wasn't sure if he was preparing to leave or if he was avoiding me.

But why would he avoid me? I haven't done anything wrong. At least I think I haven't.

"Where's Jude?" Malcolm questioned taking a seat beside me along with Adrien.

Malcolm and Adrien had become close friends, they hang out every day enjoying each other's company.

"I'm not sure, I think he may be with Emrys," I answered. "Do you think he's avoiding me?" I turned so I faced him.

"Probably, Jude is weird sometimes. He just shuts down." Malcolm explained shrugging.

"He's probably worried someone is going to get hurt." Adrien piped in assuring me.

"He could be." I nodded in appreciation, stuck in my thoughts again.

"Do you want to hang out with us?" I turned my head to Malcolm, who asked.

"Sure, what do you guys do?"

"Let's go, we'll show you." Malcolm stood up, along with Adrien and they walked up the stairs.

I followed after them, falling into step with Malcolm.

"Where are we going?" I questioned confused. We've been here for six months and I have yet to explore upstairs where Emrys and their bedrooms are.

"My bedroom," Adrien answered, pushing open a door at the beginning of the hall.

The door opened to reveal a– my thoughts staggered a bit, confused, I was expecting something else.

"What you don't like it? We've been working on it for months. I know it looks shabby, but once you look inside, it's quite nice." Malcolm led me to the entrance, crouching, and walked into the fort.

I followed after Malcolm and Adrien followed after me.

The inside of the fort was huge. I rubbed my eyes thinking it was some sort of illusion.

"Impressive, huh?" Adrien chuckled.

"Is this, the tent from Harry Potter?" my mouth was slightly agape from shock.