91

"What? I can't smile now?" Emrys shrugged, his lips turning up again.

Jude glared at him subtly at the simple response. "Whatever, let's go." He began to walk where we left off.

The soil was covered in an ocean full of leaves. The leaves flew off the ground as Jude kicked them while making a path, grumbling to himself.

"What did you do now?" Felix fell behind so he could as.

"What do you mean?" I questioned confused–Emrys walking beside me.

"He was so determined to find you, now he's acting all...detached." Felix paused in the middle of his sentence to think. "Emrys should know why!"

"What?" Emrys looked at us–hearing his name.

"Read his mind," Felix whispered.

"What? No." Emrys refused.

"Why?" Felix dragged the 'y'. 

I silently watched the two, glancing at Jude's back every so often.

"It's an invasion of privacy."

"As if you care, I bet you read our minds all the time! You just don't tell us." Felix argued. He really wanted to know what is going on in Jude's head, although he had some idea what was bothering the man–Emrys.

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't." 

"Yes, you do."

"Fine, I do." He finally admitted.

"You do?" I looked at him incredulously.

"I knew it." Felix smiled in triumph.

"Just because I do, it doesn't mean I'll tell you what he's thinking." Emrys deadpanned.

Felix pursed his lips before sighing. "Fine... Y/n, perhaps you should go talk to him."

"What? Why me?" I looked between the two–who were waiting for me to walk towards Jude.

"Why else? He's obviously upset about you." Felix pointed out.

"He's not wrong." Emrys bit his lip knowingly.

"He reads minds, he would know." Felix was still smug with triumph.

I pursed my lips debating. "Fine." I begrudgingly walked towards Jude, glancing back at Felix and Emrys with a slight frown–my eyebrows creasing together as I did so. I gave them a pleading look, only for them to usher me with their hands–mouthing the word 'go'. I exhaled deeply before reaching my destination beside Jude.

We walked silently, neither me nor Jude saying a word. I knew he knew of my presence beside him, I was pushing past the piles of leaves loudly.

"Why are you mad?" I finally spoke–fed up with the silence, Felix and Emrys murmuring a few feet behind us.

"I'm not mad, why are you mad?" He lied, repeating the question.

"I already told you my reasons." I stared forward, careful not to trip on any hidden branches under the leaves. "You just won't admit I'm right."

"You're not." He continued to deny.

"So you weren't acting childish or jealous towards me and Emrys' relationship?" I glanced at him quickly without turning my head.

Jude ran his tongue over his mouth frustratedly before answering. "I thought you were taken." His eyes cast downwards. "I know Satans ways of torturing...Every time I closed my eyes, I pictured Satan beside you, torturing you. Your screams loud, your tears flowing down rapidly non-stop." He inhaled deeply to keep his emotions in check. "My thoughts of you getting tortured were worse than getting tortured by Satan himself." he licked his lips, his throat dry from the thoughts. "To find you happily with Emrys pained me." He confessed. "I don't know why, but it hurt. I couldn't help the way I acted. I was worried for you yet you were out in the forest happily alone with Emrys–"