51

"What?" My eyes widen at his statement.

"Shh, act like you know nothing," Malcolm whispered and looked forward acting clueless.

"But I don't kno–" I tried to explain.

"I said shh." Malcolm hushed me and grabbed my arm walking at a faster pace.

I huffed and let him drag me to our destination.

"What are we even looking for?" I asked.

"Clues or any sign that Ren or Nathaniel was here." Malcolm explained and tensed slightly before tightening his grip on my arm, walking even faster.

"What's wrong?" I questioned worriedly.

"Something or someone is following us." He whispered sparing me a quick glance.

I tensed at the statement but relaxed my shoulders trying to look neutral.

"So, we didn't really plan this out but, how do we eat?" I changed the subject.

"Are you hungry?" He looked at me and asked.

I'm glad things aren't awkward between us.

"No, not yet at least," I explained.

He hummed, "We should move faster, the sun's going down." He pointed out.

I nodded and walked faster, almost a jog.

"Run." Malcolm said lowly.

"What?" I breathed out heavily.

"Run!" He grabbed my hand and we ran straight.

Something crawled out from out of the ground, sprinting at us on all fours.

"OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!" I screamed as we ran.

"No time for questions!" Malcolm screamed back.

I panted, no time to catch my breath.

"The door! I see it!" I pointed at the red door 60 feet away.

Malcolm looked back while running and sprinted even faster, basically dragging me.

The creature was right behind us trying to claw at our feet.

"AHH!" I screamed in pain as the creature sunk its nails into my ankle.

"Y/n!" Malcolm's hand slipped away from mine and he ran back.

I fell to the floor as the soil started to cave in.

"MALCOLM!" I shouted.

Malcolm reached down, grabbing my upper body.

My hands held his biceps tightly as the pain was excruciating.

The creature tugged harder causing Malcolm to fall landing on his butt, still holding onto me.

"KICK IT!" Malcolm grunted tiredly.

I used my free leg and tried to kick the creature off of me. The creature shrieked loosening its grip.

Malcolm pulled me and the creature up, the soil still caved in. He let go of me and quickly grabbed the creature throwing it in the hole, getting a large scratch on his left arm in the process.

Malcolm panted and helped me up quickly yet carefully to not injure myself any further.

He held his left arm to his chest to ease the pain as he helped me walk with his right.

I limped to the door, leaving a trail of blood.

We reached the door and opened it, quickly walking through.

"You're finally here."