50

My eyes fluttered open, the sun shining directly in my face. I looked down to see Malcolm still sleeping peacefully on my chest.

I gently placed my right hand on the top of his head, his hair soft between my fingers.

Malcolm stirred in his sleep, turning his head the other way.

The sun was setting, we need to leave before it gets dark.

I placed my left hand on Malcolm's arm that was securely around my waist and shook him.

Malcolm groaned lifting his head and rubbing his eyes.

I sat up slowly when Malcolm moved off me and grabbed my shirt, throwing it on.

"We have to leave before dark if we plan to meet up on time," I explained and stood up tying Jude's shorts to fit.

Malcolm nodded and got dressed.

I turned away respecting his privacy and waited for him to finish dressing.

"You know what you guys never explained?" I asked looking into the distance.

"What?" I heard Malcolm say and the sound of his shirt ruffling.

"Why can't we just wish for Ren and Nathaniel back?" I questioned patting my messy hair down.

Malcolm walked over to me and stood beside me. "It doesn't work like that. It needs to be approved by Satan or something like that and because this was Satan's doing, I doubt he would give them back. I don't know much, just what I've heard. Let's go." Malcolm explained and began walking.

I followed after him, jogging.

"No one wishes for anything in hell? Is that why mine was approved so fast?" I asked curiously.

"If what I heard was true, then no one would wish for anything because they would be too afraid to bother Satan with their idiotic wishes." Malcolm explained again.

I hummed in understandment and we walked in silence for the next hour.

I stopped abruptly when I heard something crunch behind us. I looked behind me and saw nothing.

"Is everything okay?" I turned and looked at Malcolm who was watching me look in the distance.

"Yes, I thought I just heard something," I explained and walked beside him.

"We should hurry." Malcolm rushed and walked faster.

"What? Why?" I questioned confused and kept up with his pace.

"If you said you heard something, then you most likely did."