80

Y/n's POV

I gasped for air. What did I just see and why did I just see it?

Jude looked at me, concerningly before holding my arm to support me.

"My mother." Malcolm turned around sharply, glaring at the woman.

"Your mother? She's dead? What is she doing out here?" Felix now stood next to Malcolm. Jude and I walked towards the two, standing beside them.

"I don't know. I didn't even know she was here." Malcolm answered truthfully.

"Malcolm, come to momma." His mother appeared, showing herself to us.

I gasped in shock once I recognized her face. I saw Malcolm's past, through his eyes. I saw some of the things his mother did to him, how?

"Why are you here?" Malcolm scowled towards Candice.

"To collect you and your band of misfits of course." She giggled. "You've been misbehaving again, Malcolm. And you know what happens when you misbehave." Her demeanor changed, her smile cruel-looking.

"What happens if you misbehave?" Jude asked stepping in front of Malcolm protectively.

"It doesn't matter what happens." I dismissed the subject knowing it was sensitive to Malcolm. Malcolm looked at me appreciatively. "We need to get her off our trail."

"How would we do that?" Malcolm questioned quietly still staring at his mother, grimacing. She hovered over the ground a bit, finally dropping to her feet with a thud.

"She was most likely sent here by Satan, we have to fight her off," Jude answered

"Can't we just talk to her?" I asked, stupidly.

"You don't know my mother, it would never work. No matter how much you beg." Malcolm frowned at the memories.

"It's worth a try," I told before stepping in front of them to face her. "Candice?" I called out to her.

They all looked at me. I could feel Jude, Felix, and Malcolm's stares behind my head. Candice glared at me for using her name.

"How do you know my name?" She scowled in my direction, her head slightly tilted down.

"I saw you. I saw the things you did." I answered, my breathing picking up. I was trying to convince her without revealing Malcolm's secrets. "You're disgusting. The things you did are disgusting!"

"You're going to have to be more specific, dear. I've done many things." She laughed knowing it would rile me up.

"No, mother, should treat their child like that. No one should treat anyone like that!" I started to raise my voice, tears whelming up in my eyes for Malcolm.

"Y/n." Malcolm approached me, setting his hand on my shoulder. 

I put my head down trying to hide my tears. "I'm sorry, Malcolm. I– I didn't realize it was that serious. The world did you wrong, you should've never been executed." I said softly enough so only he could hear.

"How– how do you know all of this?" He stammered, confused.

"I don't know how, but I saw it." I looked up at him, a few tears of his own falling. "When you announced that it was your mother speaking to you. You looked into my eyes and I felt as if I was being sucked into a warp hole. I relived your past before you were arrested." I explained.

His hand fell from my shoulder. He swallowed nervously, remembering the horrific things that had happened to him before his arrest. Not only did he want to forget his past, but now the person he loves will remember it with him. "You don't have to feel pity for me, it's all in the past." He assured. "You won't be able to stop her."