69

I sat up against the headboard, knees to my chest, and my hair damp. I listened to Jude's movement as he turned off the water and stepped out of the shower.

My arms hugged my knees and I laid my head on them, staring at the bathroom door waiting for Jude to finish freshening up. My eyes slowly closed, tired before I lifted my head shaking it, trying to stay awake.

I didn't want to fall asleep alone. Not in this strange house. My head turned to the bathroom door sharply when Jude swung it open and walked out.

"You're not sleeping?" Jude looked at me with a slightly confused yet worried expression.

"I was waiting. I didn't want to fall asleep alone." I disclosed and finally laid my head on the pillow, watching as he threw his dirty clothes on top of mine before he climbed into bed beside me.

Jude's arms pulled me closer to him, my back to his chest. I turned in bed so we were now, face to face. "Emrys wants to finish talking tomorrow." 

"Why do you trust Emrys so much?" I questioned curiously.

"I guess you can say, we're friends," Jude responded nonchalantly.

"So you guys knew each other before today?" Jude looked at me.

"Well we trained together, we had to train to get our high positions." Jude's eyes glazed over.

"What did you guys do for training?" I curiously asked.

"Let's sleep. We don't want to wake up late." Jude dismissed and turned to face the ceiling.

I looked at him confused but he closed his eyes ignoring me. Sighing, I turned so my back faced him and hugged the blanket to my chest.

Why does he keep avoid questions I ask about the others? What was he so afraid of that he keeps dismissing the subject?

What are you hiding Jude?