53

Felix walked over to us with Malcolm by his side, his own wound wrapped in his sweater.

"Why isn't yours healing?" I asked Malcolm in concern.

They healed right away when most of the bones in their body were crushed but a scratch is not healing?

"The creature's scratch slows down our healing process," Jude explained readjusting how he was holding me up.

"You could've told us that sooner. Felix thought I had some sort of disease." Malcolm rolled his eyes and looked at us.

"Well, you could've fooled me." Felix shrugged and dodged Malcolm who was trying to hit him.

"Can you walk okay?" Jude asked ignoring Felix and Malcolm.

"I think so," I said unsurely.

Jude let go of me and kneeled in front of me, his back facing me. "Get on."

I stayed silent hesitating whether to listen.

"Well?" Jude asked getting impatient.

I let out a breath and got on his back, wrapping my arm securely around his neck.

"Let's go!" Felix shouted and walked forward.

Jude stood up effortlessly and followed.

The scent of his cologne made my muscles relax and slump against him.

We all walked in silence for a while before I spoke, "Am I heavy? I can walk."

"No, it's okay. You're not healed yet." Jude dismissed and readjusted me.

"I forgot!" Felix turned and walked backward, "Did you guys find anything?" He gestured to Malcolm and I.

I lifted my head off Jude's shoulder and looked at Felix, "No, just got chased is all." Malcolm answered for me.

I set my head back down, closing my eyes until we stopped.

"I can't believe we traveled this far." I heard Malcolm say.

In front of us was another house like theirs.

"Do we go in?" Felix asked Jude.

"We have to. There's no way around, it's fenced." Jude explained.

"How is it that there's a house all the way down here, while your's were further up?" I asked confused.

"We aren't as bad as them," Felix whispered, speed walking to us.

"Them?" I repeated and looked at the front of the house.

The gates opened and three men walked out.

"It's good to see you again, Jude."