Mask (ReeKid)

All song credits go to DreamWasTaken.

Basically, Y/N has always worn a mask with a smile. They moved and started to go to Reekid's school. They immediately caught his eye and he immediately became their friend. Everyone thinks they are a freak but Reekid has always protected them. Only Reekid, Y/N's parents know what they look like, but Reekid is the only one who knows why they wear the mask.

Also, cringe ending.

   Flashback.

"Hey Y/N?"

"Hm?"

"Why do you wear the mask?"

"..."

"I wear a mask with an hour for hours at a time... stare at the ceiling while I hold back what's on my mind."

Reekid looks at you with confusion.

"And when they ask me how I'm doin' I say 'I'm just fine.'"

(And when they ask me how I'm doing I say 'I'm just fine'!)

"But the fact is, I can never get off my mattress."

His eyes widened.

"And all they ask is 'Why're you so sad, kid?"

"That's what the mask is. That's what the point of the mask is."

You slowly removed the mask, revealing your face, tears rolling down your face. You set it in your lap but feel a hand grab yours. Reekid. 

"You can see me trying, you won't see me crying! I'll just keep on "Smiling" I'm good."

You wiped  tears from your face with your other hand's sleeve.

"And it just keeps on piling, its so terrifying! But I'll keep on "smiling". I'm good!"

You gently squeeze his hand.

"I've been caring too much for so long, been comparing myself for so long, been wearing a smile for so long it's real, so long it's real, for so long it's real..."

"Always being judged by a bunch of strange faces, too scared to go outside, I haven't seen the light in ages. But I've been places. So I'm okay-ish... So I'm okay-ish...."

(YEAH I'M OKAY BITCH!)

"But the fact is, I need help I'm failing all my classes!"

You slowly showed him the test that was in your back next to you that had a very low grade on it.

"They think I need glasses... I just really wish I could pass this!"

He squeezed your hand back.

"That's what the mask is. That's what the point of the mask is."

End of Flashback, a week later, his house.

"Y/N, you know you're beautiful without the mask, right?" Reekid asked.

"Yeah right." You mumbled, looking down from the gaming monitor.

You can see me trying, you won't see me crying! I'll just keep on "Smiling" I'm good.

"I'm serious." He said, pausing the game and facing you. "You really are beautiful." He put his hand on your shoulder.

And it just keeps on piling, its so terrifying! But I'll keep on "smiling". I'm good!

You stayed silent. Reekid took the controller out of your hand and pulled you into a hug. You just melted into it and felt your cheeks start to heat up.

I've been caring too much for so long, been comparing myself for so long, been wearing a smile for so long it's real, so long it's real, for so long it's real...

He kissed your temple. "You're perfect. I love you."

"... 'Love you too, Antroth..."

So long it's real... so long it's real...