Remember Me -Josh-

-Many, Many, Years Ago-

"Y/n!" Josh called out, happily, running towards me as I entered his backyard, as per usual. Everyday after Elementary school, my mum would drop me off at Josh's, so she could go back to work. I smiled and skipped over to my best friend in the whole world, Josh Dub. Well... my only friend, really. No one really liked me. Apparently, I was too weird and strange for other people to handle. Whatever that means.

I ran up to Josh hugging him tight, as he returned it happily, laughing contently to have his friend over. We played on his swingset, trying to see who would get the highest, but it resulted in me falling off my swing and scraping my knee. "Y/N! ARE YOU OKAY?!" I heard Josh call from behind me. I fought the tears that entered my eyes as I rolled over on my back to see Josh hopping off his swing and running over to me. "Y-Yeah." I whimpered, trying to act tough, even though I knew it was probably not working.

Josh helped me up and into his kitchen where he found the bandaids and put one on my knee, then placed a kiss on my, now, bandaged wound, making me blush. I looked at him to see that he was blushing himself. "Wait here." He suddenly said, before walking off in his house.

He came back a few minutes later with something behind his back. Josh got down on one knee and held out one of his mother's rings. "My dad told me that when he married my mom, he got down on one knee with a pretty ring and asked her to marry him. And that he loves her... so... I was wondering if you would like to marry me? Because I love you... and st-stuff.." Josh explained, his words becoming more stuttery, the more shy and nervous he got.

I nodded my head like crazy, making him smile and put the ring on my finger and hugging me tight. "I love you, Y/n." "I love you too, Josh."

-Now-

"Hey, Josh? Can I speak to you for a moment?" My voice shaky, my American accent thick as my voice forgot my natural Australian accent from my childhood because I moved to America when I was 9, because my mom got a new job offer.

"Yeah sure." Josh said, happy to have his friend from VR chat finally visiting him face to face. "When I was little, I had a friend. He had beautiful blonde hair, and absolutely gorgeous blue eyes, and a cute crooked smile." I say, my voice still shaky. "Okay?" Josh said, stretching out the 'kay' slightly, clearly confused.

"One day he asked me to marry him. He got down on one knee with one of his mother's most beautiful rings. I said 'Yes' and he said he loved me... and... and... *Sniffle*... His name was Josh Dub." I finished, reaching into th front of my shirt, to pull out the ring that was now attached to a chain. "I kept it close to my heart, hoping you didn't forget about me... I know I should have told you sooner, when we first met again, way back in 2019 in VR Chat, but I couldn't... I-I-I....I've always wanted to, but I was so scared you h-had forgotten about m-me." I whispered, a soft sob following it.

Josh fell silent, staring at the piece of jewelry. "But, deep down, I knew you forgot about me, but... I had to tell you... I'm so s-s-sorry, Josh... I--" Before I could finish, Josh cupped my face. "Y/n... Y/n... Y/n/n... THE Y/n L/n?" Josh clarified, looking me in my eyes with an intense stare. I just nodded, tears rolling down my face. "I'm sor-" I was silenced by his lips gently pressing against mine.

After the short kiss, he holds me close. "How can I ever forget someone like you?" Josh whispered in my ear. "And my sentence still stands. I love you. I have never stopped... y'know... loving you."

Hearing those reassuring words made me smile and kiss his cheek, before hiding my face in his neck. I felt my heart pounding with joy, my hands shaky, as my arms wrapped around Josh tight, and happy tears fell from my face, as he held me, swaying slowly, as if he was savoring the moment.

And to be honest? So was I. I was so grateful to have my Josh back.

"I love you, Y/n." "I love you too."