Chapter One: What the hell is going on?

Arrow's POV

I spent weeks on end getting Embrace Two up to scratch but after a couple months I felt happy enough to leave it in the capable hands of Ben.

The cases only get bigger now and I knew it had gone like that since Embrace got spoke about in the news six months ago.

Embrace is a light for many in the darkness.

I just felt happy my body had healed, my leg after some rest and healing is in good condition. My ankle and foot are better too but the scars remain from where my skin had been damaged from the trap and I could never forget the words that had been engraved into my arm. They would remain forever...

My dad is doing a lot better. The doctors are saying that it won't be long till his leg will be good enough to go back to work. He has been going mad staying at home but he got to spend a lot of time with Madison and Zack.

I'm working late. Stuck in the office getting through a lot of paperwork. I gave Allac the weekend off and said he should go spend time with his new girl friend. He seems really happy with her. It's nice to finally see him experience love. I've always been grateful for Colin and not everyone has someone to love and cherish them. I'm glad he is finally getting to feel that.

Besides I'm off for the week from Monday as its half term for Tyler and Colin has the time off too.

We haven't had too many problems since Mark. Apart from Tyler getting detention alot and blaming it on some girl.

Colin is convinced he is dating her. Part of me thinks so too but he will tell us when he is ready.

We have placed ten kids into different foster families in the space of three days so there is a lot of paperwork to sort out.

Colin is at Jerrods tonight having a couple drinks while Tyler and Max are having a racing competition on Mario cart.

I'll join them once I finish here.

Spent another hour doing the paperwork until my phone rang.

Unknown number...

"Hello?"

"Arrow...I'm scared," I heard the faint girl voice down the phone.

"Jane?"

"You said to ring if I was scared," she says softly to me.

"What's happening?" I ask her as I get up from my desk quickly.

"Mum brought another man home...I don't know what to do. I'm using the house phone right now. There is a lot of shouting."

"I'll come right over. Don't worry. I'm sure it be fine. Stay in your room," I tell her.

"Okay...please hurry."

"I'll be right there."

No POV

The air felt awfully chilly this evening. Almost silence held the street but it is far from any normal evening.

Arrow climbed out his car. He had already rang his dad to come to the house as soon as he could.

He approached the house wrapping his coat around him. He felt quite cold and tired by this point but Arrow wouldn't ever not help someone who needed it.

He knocked on the door. He waited until the door opened to reveal a six foot buy with no shirt on, beer in one hand a cigarette in the other. He looked at Arrow being shorter and thinner in frame but looked slightly amused.

Arrow's POV

"What do you want?"

"I'm Jane's social worker," I tell him.