Chapter Forty Three: Will need each other

Death. It happens everyday, it leaving someone hurt, almost leaving an empty gap that can never be replaced.

No one can say anything that will make it feel better. Even after time it doesn't get better, only you slowly begin to exist without them, somehow. 

Arrow felt extremely lost and sad watching Dig die in front of him. Everything he has been through, this would be the first time he let the anger appear in a harsh and unstable way.

He couldn't find it in himself to stop Colin's aunt and he felt terrible to nearly let Colin do it. But Colin saw the way Arrow was, he had to do something to stop it. Arrow in shambles, lost within his own sadness and greith.

If Trigger hadn't shown up and took her down, neither of them know what would of happened next.

With Triggeers helped, the two of them carried on in search for there boys, wanting more then anything for them to be in there arms.

Colin couldn't help but notice Arrow's pain. He needed to some help and maybe not just physically.

Trigger held Arrow up as he lost his balance. "You okay?" He asks first.

Arrow looks at Trigger and then at Colin. "No...but I'll be fine."

They both help Arrow along now. They are all feeling it now. But luckily they had managed to get away from the worst of the smoke.

"Dad!" Tyler could be heard shouting.

"Tyler calm down. You will attract attention, " Adam's voice comes now.

Even with Colin and Trigger's help Arrow body gave way and they tried to help steady him to the ground.

"We need to get you some help," Colin says looking worried.

Tyler, Luca and Zane came into view first. There young eyes falling on the three of them on the ground.

They all at the same time run over to them kneeling down in front of them.

"Dad," Tyler says taking Arrow's hand.

"Tyler...I'm so happy to see you. Luca, Zane you okay?" Arrow asks.

"We are fine. What happened?" Luca asks.

"We can go over that soon but we got to get your dad some help," Colin tells them.

Lilly, Adam and Harry had arrived beside them with a few officers.

"Let's get him out of here then," Adam says moving in and picking up Arrow quickly.

Arrow's POV

I could say the last few days had really changed me. But deep down it's more then that.

Watching someone die in front of you,  isn't a very pleasant experience, it hadn't been the first time I saw it. But this had been different.

Dig had become a good friend. He had really took an interest in me. We hadn't got off well straight away but he soon let me go find Tyler, he tried to stop Mark. Generally a good man and someone I had come to care about.

The fact that he had come to help, makes it feel that much worse. I miss him...and I won't ever get to speak to him again. Its hard to accept that.

To come to terms with his death. I normally just carry on after going through something heavy and harsh but this time I'm finding it hard. I don't quite feel like myself and that has nothing to do with the fact that I'm not exactly doing well physically.

I always found myself getting hurt, Colin always makes a point out of that too.

It's not like I ask for it. Not like I want to get hurt. But my life has led me on quite a harsh, unstable and crazy journey.

Some parts better then others. I can't really explain how I'm truely feeling. I'm a bit of a mess.

"Arrow?"

I look up from staring down at the quilt that's only half over me.

Did the nurse say something?

"Sorry...did you say something?" I ask.

"I said how is your pain?"

I look at her. My pain?

"To be honest it's not that bad today," I tell her.

"Hmm. Well I still brought your medication. I recommend you eat up your lunch and then have them."

I look at lunch that had been left out for me. Its been seating on the tray for a good half hour now. I don't feel that hungry.

"I don't feel hungry," I tell her.

"I know you have been through quite an ordeal. But you need to at least try eat something, Arrow. You need to build your strength back up. You are lucky to be alive," she tells me. "So the least you can do is make sure it stays that way."

Is that meant to help me? But I get her point. Dig wouldn't want me to neglect myself and I'm sure Colin and my boys will be angry at me if I did that.

"Thank you. Leave it on the tray I'll take it once I've ate," I inform her.

My medication consists of tablets for my diabetes, pain relief and some other medication that's meant to help.

I grab the yogurt and the spoon and slowly eat it, feeling numb.

I can't help but feel lost within my own emotions. But if Colin had been in this bed and not me...I'll be angry at him for not eating and taking his medication so I force myself to eat all on the tray before taking my medication.

All I can do is take each day. Try heal, both physically and mentally. The hope I'll head back to some normality soon.

Yet I feel that life has always shown me you can never know what is going to happen. If nothing else its taught me appreciate what you have because you never know when it's going to change.

The fact that Dig is gone...makes me feel much stronger on that. I just hope I feel better to attend his funeral. I think Trigger and I will need each other that day for sure.