Chapter Forty Four: Want what is best for Fay.

The young girl had come to know alot in her young age. She had been dragged up for part of her life, watched her younger sister killed in front of her.

No one wanted a kid that barely had enough meat to cover her bones. Her clothes hung to her like bed sheets, loose. Yet the last couple months she had learnt alot. Maybe more then someone triple her age.

She adapted and learned. Using her brain to her advantage. Yet she still found herself stuck in the system. Fighting her way through to maybe one day find the perfect home.

Today is the day that her dream may begin to come true and all because he found himself there at the particular moment in time, Arrow.

Arrow's POV

Dig's funeral had been hard. Trigger and I stayed close that day, we managed to get through our speeches for him but we cried alot.

I think that night at the wake we all drowned our sorrows.

But that was two weeks ago now. I'm not going to lie about how I am. I'm not great but I'm also not bad. I've got myself back into work knowing Allac needs my help and it is my business at the end of the day.

I'm not doing too many hours only because it's the summer holidays and Colin had made all these plans with the boys.

Today I told Colin I couldn't make taking the boys swimming as I had case to sort out. But I've finished it alot quicker then I had expected.

I'm walking down the street, the sun shinning on me. My suit now feeling like a stupid idea.

I take off my suit jacket and stuff it into my rucksack.

"How many times have I told you!" I hear someone shouting.

I turn the corner and crash right into a young girl backing away from a tall man looking angry.

"Sorry about that. Are you okay?" I ask the young girl.

She looks at me and then at the man who had been shouting. "Sure."

The man starts glaring at me. "You alright?" I ask him nicely.

"Fine. Do you mind?"

"I guess I'm just wondering why you was shouting at her," I say to him.

"I don't think that is any of your business."

I look at him feeling a bit concerned about the girl. I know its not my business but...

"Do you need help?" I ask turning to the girl.

"I think it was just a misunderstanding," she tells me.

I can't help but feel this girl is being neglected. Her clothes are ripped, loose and she looks awfully skinny, ill almost. Her face has barely any colour.

"Just don't dare cross my path again," he bites before he went on his way.

The girl turns to me with a smile. "Thanks for that. He always on my case, telling me I'm not worth being around. He just hates that he couldn't foster me anymore. Being in the system sucks but better then being with him," she tells me.

"I'm glad your not with him anymore. Do you want to get something to eat?" I ask her.

"Don't think going with a stranger for food is wise," she says to me.

"I guess not. Sorry for asking," I say as I think maybe it's best to leave her too it but she suddenly grabbed my arm.

"Have I seen you before somewhere?" She asks me.

"Probably the news or the television," I inform her. "If you are okay I'll let you get on," I tell her.

"Wait...hold on. What do you mean by that?"

"Never mind. Shouldn't be speaking to strangers," I say as I go to carry on my way but I bump into somewhere who had come right up behind me.

"No! Don't do that!" The girl shouts.

"You know this girl?" A young women asks me so close to me I feel slightly on edge.

"I just accidentally crashed into her," I say. "Is there a reason why your so close to me?"

"Because I'm impressed she managed to catch your attention. Most would just look the other way at her."

"Because most people suck or don't want the trouble."

"And what about you? Do you want the trouble?"

I back away from the young women before I speak this time. "Let's just say the trouble seems to find me and I won't just look the other way. I will not do that or less I physically can't."

"I see. You are pretty hot aren't you. The scars on your face really actually just help towards that by the way," she now smiles at me with her blonde hair over her blue eyes that seem to be scanning me.

This isn't awkward at all. "Well I guess if you are both fine i'll be on my way," I say to them.

"You was offering Fay here some food.   I'm starving," the women says trying to step closer to me.

I look at Fay who seems to be lost in thought. I don't know if this is such a good idea. Only because this women seems to be staring at me weirdly and clearly has a attraction to me.

"Leave it out Riley. He wouldn't be interested in you," Fay finally says.

"What? But he is interested in you?" Riley bites.

Oh great...how did I get myself caught up in this now?

"No need to fight. My offer is there for food for both of you but Fay is right you shouldn't take my offer as I'm a stranger," I tell Riley.

"Something different about you. Don't you think Fay?" Riley says.

Fay looks at me and then at Riley. "Yeah not anyone would stop to ask if I'm okay. No one really does that or less it's you or Charlie."

"So you know our names. What's yours?" Riley asks me.

I didn't know if this would be a good idea but I had made the offer I wouldn't go back on it now.

"My name is Arrow."

"Oh hold on a minute. Now I know...Arrow Sharp?" Fay asks me.

"That's me."

"Oh Jesus. I can't quite believe it. Riley he owns Embrace and is one of the best social workers in the country," says Fay.

"No bloody way. I mean I knew you lived around here but the fact that we bumped into you like this. I'm Riley Johnson and this is Fay Lake. I'm her social worker," she informs me.

"Then you care to explain to me why you let Fay be shouted out by that man?"

"Oh come on. Bit of banter don't hurt anyone. Plus I was just dealing with something. This girl can't go five seconds without finding some sort of trouble."

"There is an amazing cafe five minutes from here. We have some food and you can tell me more about Fay and then I might be able help her," I say to Riley.

"Yeah sounds good I'm sure we both want what is best for Fay."