Chapter Thirty Five: In a heartbeat

The summer holidays are coming up. Colin and Arrow have been very busy over the last few months and had finally moved from the flat.

They moved into the home Arrow had found. They had asked the boys and went to visit it before deciding on it.

It took sometime but they had finally moved with help from there friends and family.

It is a beautiful home. Alot of room for them and there boys.

It is a six bedroom house with a out house which has its own water and bedroom. They thought it be great if anyone wanted to stay.

The garden is huge. Big enough for the boys to play football and even had a small swimming pool built in.

It is a home some would only dream of. Colin and Arrow had made a lot of money over the last few years. Not many could belive someone of there age could of achieved such a thing but they had.

It has been a long journey to reach this far and it hadn't been very easy for any of them. If anyone deserved this they did.

Arrow's POV

I stand on the patio looking at Luca, Tyler and Zane having fun in the pool. We had ensured to give them the proper swimming lessons over the last month to ensure it be safe for them all.

It had been extra money but our boys if we can will have the best.

It something Colin and I feel very strong about.

Colin comes up behind me wrapping his arms around me.

"Lovely afternoon isn't it," he says softly.

"It is. Glad we decided on the barbeque this evening."

"It should be a great evening. You want to go lay down for a bit? I can watch the boys."

I turn to look at him. "I'm not tired. I was about to make lunch," I say to him.

"Then I'll help you," he smiles.

Colin and I made a light lunch for us and the boys and sat in the garden after the boys got out the pool to enjoy it together in the sun.

We then let the boys enjoy the sun playing football after making sure they put sun cream on while we went to shower and change before we start to prepare for the evening.

Setting up the garden for our guests and start to prepare the food.

Life felt alot more normal lately. We felt safer in our own space and home then in that flat building.

The boys have more then enough room now and each have there own rooms. They are all at that age when it goods for them to have there own space even though they are all close and you wouldn't be able to tell that they all had rough childhoods and bad experiences. They treat each other as brothers. I'm so glad they can all get on like that.

I couldn't ask for a better family or home. They mean everything to me.

The evening came quick and didn't take long for the garden to fill up with our friends and family. Paul offered to help Colin cook so I could have a drink and enjoy the company.

Everything couldn't be more perfect then it is now.

Liam's POV

I stood outside the massive house. I could hear laughter and music.

Had I choice the wrong time to come?

Yet this can't wait...my brother could be suffering right now.

I could come back tomorrow...

"Hey there. You okay?" Asks a young man and I notice him straight away. It's Arrow!

He puts a bag of trash into the bins in front of the house still looking at me.

"I'm okay...I came to speak to you actually. I didn't realise you be a bit busy," I tell him the truth.

Arrow comes over to me putting his hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong? You look tired and upset. Come inside we have plenty of food and drink. Then you can speak to me about why you came," he says to me.

He doesn't seem to be fazed by this at all. That I've just shown up at his house. I haven't even told him the reason I'm here or my name. He generally seems upset to see me upset and he is right.

I am tired and hungry. I had walked for hours to just get here.

"I would like that."

"Come on then," he says pulling me towards his house.

Would anyone let a stranger into there house?

No....but Arrow isn't anyone is he. Its why I came here. I know in my heart he will care enough to help me.

Arrow led me through the house and out into the huge garden. I've never seen something so amazing!

They must be loaded!

He brought me over to a table with three young boys.

"These are my sons. Luca, Tyler and Zane. I'll get you a drink and food. I'm Arrow but I guess you already know that."

"Yeah...I'm Liam."

"Nice to meet you Liam. Make him feel welcome I'll be back in a few."

Arrow goes off towards where the drinks and food are.

"You okay?" The older of the three asks, Tyler.

"I came here to ask for your dad's help," I tell him.

"You in trouble?" Luca asks now. He looks like the youngest out of the three.

"Well not me. My brother is missing and he is all I have left."

"Sorry to hear that. You got no parents?" Zane asks me now.

"No. Died when I was small."

"I lost my parents not so long ago...I'm sorry," Zane says.

"In time you get use to it, of course you never truely get over it though," I tell him.

"Don't worry. I'm sure our dad can help you," Tyler smiles.

Arrow returned popping a drink and some food in front of me.

"There you go," Arrow says sitting down next to Tyler and I.

"Thank you...for being so kind to me."

Arrow waves it off, "Don't thank me. Just enjoy and then you can tell me what's going on."

I nod as I have some of the drink before digging into the food. My taste buds going into overdrive. I hadn't had something this good in sometime.

I look at Arrow and the three boys. I would give anything to be any of these three boys right now. This man...Arrow just from few moments I've spent in his presence. Anyone would want a dad like him. I can't help but feel jealous that these three boys had found there way into his life and got adopted by him.

I will always be grateful to my brother, he is the only one that has ever looked after me. But this is something I always felt was missing...my brother has never been the dad type. I would give anything to have a dad again.

Of course Arrow probably isn't always around from what he has had to go through but I would still swop places with one of the boys in a heartbeat if I could.