Chapter Forty Eight: His cooperation

Sadly, life isn't always a fairytale. It's not always going to be fall of amazing and happy things. Sometimes it will test you in ways you never could of believed possible.

Everyone's story will hold happy times and not so good times that may dishearten you and go against you making you feel like your living life on the edge.

I wish I could be the one to tell you that from here on out things will look up for the better, but I won't be able too. Dark times will be ahead for many, there stories clashing in unexpected ways. For this is the real journey of the young adulthood of Arrow and Colin Sharp and it will never be an easy journey for them, as there life's will forever be to help but suffer along the way in hope for a brighter future for many.

By offering the young man to join them would now lead them into something more sinister, but how was they to know? Fay wanted to help and her dad's wanted to help too.

Arrow's POV

I can't help but feel Fay is like me in many ways. We have harsh past, we want to help and care about others, maybe more then ourselves. I never knew I could come to find myself caring about her, worrying about her to this extent. I'm truely happy to call her my daughter. I never thought I'll find someone so kind, a young girl caring so much about a stranger. It doesn't happen too often but I'm truely grateful she is with us now.

We enjoyed our food at one of the local fish and chip shops. It's one of the best I've tasted.

I decide to pop to the toilet and as I returned to the table everyone had finished looking full up.

I smile. A family that is full is a happy one at the end of the day.

"Thanks for this. Food was great," says Leon. We had got to talking about his name and his life. Trying to let him know there is still people who will care going forward. That what has happened is sad and nothing could replace his mum or dad but he needed to be strong for his sister. Fay's words but I would of said exact same thing.

It's like having a young version of myself in front of me. I can't help but feel so proud of her. She is so loving and caring, maybe trouble found her but it finds me too. It's honestly almost scary how similar we are.

"You okay?" Tyler asks me. I look at Tyler and smile at him.

Tyler has always worried about me, I know that. He can't help but worry because of our past and I can never blame him for that.

"I'm good son. Don't worry."

He smiles back, "She is alot like you," Tyler says to me.

"I thought that too," I say to him.

"Who's like who?" Fay asks.

"You are alot like dad," Tyler explains to her.

Her smile widens if that is even possible. "Really?"

"Yeah I noticed too. It's almost scary," Colin laughs.

"Dad...," Luca suddenly says.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"They don't look friendly," Zane says looking in the same direction as Luca.

I look over to the door to spot what they are staring at.

Four men all in black, faces covered up so you can't see there faces. I can't see any weapons on them...but either way Zane is right. They don't look friendly.

"Excuse me do you have a back exit?" I ask one of the waitresses.

"Well through our kitchen," she begins.

"Do you mind if we go out that way. I brought my family here on holiday and I won't let anything ruin it this time," I say to her.

"Well yeah but what are you," she begins but never gets to finish her sentence as one of the men at the front voice rips through the building.

"It be best if everyone in here does nothing stupid!"

Colin looks at me looking already worried and pissed off.

Why in here? What do they want?

Is our luck just that bad?

"Move now towards the kitchen," I tell everyone at the table.

I don't care what they say or what they want. We are not staying here to find out.

As we all get to our feet to head towards the kitchen out of nowhere a man appeared beside me punching me harshly in the stomach with such force I'm brought to my knees instantly.

I hadn't called out in pain but my breathing had rapidly increased.

"What did he say? He said not to do anything stupid," the man in front of me hisses.

I look up at him and my family that had all stopped moving the moment I had been attacked. Everyone of there faces full of anger and concern.

I wanted to swear at him but I didn't want to be chucking those words around with all my kids in earshot and I probably swear enough in front of them already, which I shouldn't do.

I don't know what is going on here? And this guy had seemed to come out of nowhere. He had been so fast, I hadn't even noticed him. My gut is telling me this is very bad.

I feel sick, the punch to the stomach making my insides hurt, my dinner ready to come back up.

Suddenly the man who had been at the door who said not to do anything stupid is now beside me grabbing my shirt and shoving his face directly in mine.

"Speechless now are we?"

I grab his hand and tug his hand off my shirt. "Let me go!"

Colin had moved towards me but one of the other men had moved quickly now pinning Colin to the table brutally.

"Colin," I say worried.

Chaos arrived. People started to run to try escape and to be honest some managed too but some ended up getting hurt or knocked out as more men arrived out of nowhere.

"It seems most of you did something stupid."

"Did you expect anything else?" Tyler asks letting it slip out his mouth but soon looked like he regretted saying it.

I manage to catch the man's gaze in front of me to struggle to my feet and put my body in front of Tyler to stop the man getting close to him.

"He is just a kid," I begin but he punches me again even harder if that is possible pulling me to my knees now.

"Then you suffer for his remark," he bites at me.

"What do you want?" Fay asks.

His gaze quickly went to her but back to mine. "Four kids? Adoption I'm guessing. Brave man I couldn't even handle one," he laughs. "As to what I want young girl, well that's entirely down to Leon here and his cooperation."