Chapter Four: Lost in the mountains

Colin wrapped the coat around Tyler sturdely, the cold making him worry about him.

Dina only had a small jacket on but didn't seem to care or seem to be cold at all.

Arrow had himself against the mountain wall, feeling extremely tired. He didn't sleep well last night in the bed and breakfast and when he did only faced nightmares about Mark.

He had kept himself wrapped up, not once showing his arms. The cold being a good excuse not to have too. Tyler had caught on to his dads strange behaviour and hadn't had the chance to ask if his dad was going to be okay. He knew Colin had gone to get him on Saturday after Arrow having to be checked out at the hospital after trying to just do his job.

Tyler loves Colin but his heart would always love Arrow just that little bit more. His heart aches for him most days and never knows how to make his dad feel better.

"We all ready and wrapped up enough?"

"If you wrap Tyler up anymore I think he will scream and if Arrow wraps up anymore I wouldn't be able to tell if he is human or a bear," Dina laughs.

"Well it's best safe then sorry. Why didn't you bring anything warmer?"

"Me. Don't make me laugh Colin. I'm good."

"You okay?" Tyler asks Arrow.

"Yeah I'm fine. Lead the way," Arrow says to Colin.

Colin set off up towards the mountain everyone following behind. Arrow hadn't quite understood Colin's fasination with climbing mountains but he hadn't shut up about it since his parents went and Arrow wanted Colin to be happy, be normal after all he had put everyone through because of the job he took on.

So here he is doing something he wouldn't do for the man he loves. Arrow would always put the people he loves in front of him, even when he is fighting a battle inside his mind and heart.

Arrow's POV

I step back looking at Dina. "Take my jacket," I say taking it off and handing it to her.

"Are you sure?"

"Go for it. I'll live."

She takes the jacket and puts it on.

"Arrow," Colin begins but I cut across him.

"She is our responsibility until we get her back home," I tell him.

"I know...but I could of gave her mine."

"And listen to you moaning the rest of the hike. No thanks," I laugh which Tyler and Dina heard and laugh too.

"Very funny," smiled Colin.

"We are following you," I say to him.

"Yeah right this way before the snow gets worse."

The snow was light, it very breezy as we climbed higher. I could feel the cold against my arms but I was grateful Dina had not pay any attention to my arm her being ahead of me talking to Tyler.

I felt my body telling me its too cold, telling me this is too much after not much sleep but I kept going I didn't want to ruin this for the rest of them.

After an hour passed by Colin stopped turning back to look at me.

"Erm...Arrow."

"What's wrong?"

"We are lost," he informs me.

"What? Haven't you been using the map," I begin.

"You that dumb to get lost already?" Dina asked quite rudely.

"Dina that's not nice," Tyler says.

"I'm sure we aren't lost," I say as I go up to Colin and take the map from him.

Yet I felt suddenly very faint and uneasy. Like I should be on high alerter my senses telling me to run, get out of there!

But I don't understand why.

"Arrow you alright?" Colin asks me as he takes my hand which made me jump slightly.

I look into his eyes. "Something is wrong," I whisper to him.

"What do you mean? I know we are lost but I'm sure we can figure it out."

I felt my body give up slightly me clinging onto Colin's shoulder.

"Arrow...what is wrong?"

"Don't feel so great," I whisper.

He takes out some water from his rucksack and helps me to drink it, making my mouth feel less dry but it didn't help with this strange feeling or my body feeling so tired and useless.

"Dad,' said Tyler coming towards us looking worried.

"I'll be fine in a minute. Can you help your dad with which way we should be going," I tell him.

Tyler nodded coming over to look at the map with Colin as I kept my weight against Colin trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with me.

"You must be frozen. Take my jacket," Colin says.

"No!" Dina shouts.

"What?" Colin asks confused.

"We are fucking lost. You know how great this is," she laughs.

"Dina what is wrong with you," says Tyler.

She glares at him in a way I don't like. "Why you staring at him like that?" I ask before Colin can say anything else.

"Like what. Give me the map. I'll get us out of here," she said coming over to us and snatching the map.

"What about a please or thanks? Your parents not teach you manners," Colin says.

She pulls something out her pocket and I watch in horror as she set the map alight with a lighter. She let's it burn in her hand.

"No!" Colin shouts but refused to go save the map knowing I'm still not steady on my feet.

"Lost in the mountains. What could be better then this lads. Let the true fun begin!" She laughs in a way that makes my insides feel uneasy.

Something is seriously wrong here...