Chapter Thirty One: Good instincts

Each day is a blessing, a miracle. You never know what could be right around the corner. So many people enjoy the small things in there life, as well as the bigger ones.

Some lucky then others. Arrow knowing first hand the troubles of life, of people and what it can make people do.

If Arrow wasn't known around the United Kingdom, he would be now.

As much as what happened, shouldn't of happened it did. Many would know his face now because not everyone would watch the news but many had watched the movie in some shape or form.

Even after all that happened, Arrow found himself a week later standing beside Allac ready to help a young man that needed it. Naturally within the week of recovery Arrow and Colin had decided to take in Zane. His parents dead and the rest of Zane's family not willing to take him in. That's when Arrow knew if Colin agreed they would take him in which Colin did agree.

Tyler, Luca and Zane are getting on well but the flat is too small for all of them and it meant Arrow and Colin have to work extra hard to find a house that would fit them all. Hopefully sooner rather then later.

Colin's POV

I wanted Arrow to be here but a young boy is in trouble and Allac insisted Arrow went with him.

So here I am parents evening on my own.

This is going to be very interesting.

I spent the next hour with teachers about our boys. There wasn't much the teachers could say about Zane. He had only just joined this school and it had been a long while since he had been in school due to Duke. Zane is a strong kid, I'll say that.

But they said he has settled in well and is a very quick learner. Every teacher I spoke to about Luca seemed rather happy and impressed at how smart he is for his age and that after what he has been through has settled in and Arrow and I should be very proud.

Tyler on the other hand...I think deep down Arrow and I knew he found it more difficult in school. After what happened with Dina he hasn't tried to make any new friends apart from a friend he already had and generally struggles with his studies. We are a bit concerned. He is heading into the last two years of high school in September so we are all worried but we are going to give him all the support he needs. He isn't that far behind his peers but will need an extra helping hand is all the teachers said.

I finally found myself leaving the school with Tyler, Luca and Zane it coming up till half five in the afternoon.

"What's for dinner dad?" Luca asks me.

"That is a surprise," I smile back at him.

"A surprise?" Zane asks puzzled.

"Don't worry. You will all enjoy it I am sure."

Arrow's POV

I look at Allac. The moment I saw him after all that happened, I knew something was up. He had this strange stare, unsure whether to tell me or not. But in the end he practically begged me to come here instead of intending my kids parents evening.

Colin hadn't been best pleased and I couldn't blame him, but Allac looked desperate,traumatized. I found it hard to just say no. It could of waited...but no.

A kid is in danger and I've come to know waiting is never a good decision. The more you leave it, the more it could get much worse.

Yet I feel that Allac still isn't telling me something. Something is very off here...so yeah I may have rang Paul. I told Paul to come alone and don't tell my dad as he is having a well deserved day off.

Everyone needs a day off now and again at the end of the day and he does have to save me alot...its awful when I say it like that.

"Arrow?" Allac says looking puzzled at me.

"Yeah?"

"Are we going to check it out or we just going to stand here all evening?" He asks me.

"Allac what are you not telling me. You practically begged me to come today. Why?"

He suddenly looks slightly on edge. He took a quick glance away before looking back to me.

"Arrow...I tried to be like you. I tried so hard to save this kid...please know that. Please don't think I didn't try," he says to me.

"Allac what is going on? What do you mean by that?"

I suddenly feel concerned and worried. What does he mean by that?

"So you failed the first time? Thought you needed me this time?"

"Not exactly, wasn't quite like that. Naturally he failed miserably. Couldn't match up to his boss. Couldn't match up to the great Arrow Sharp. Who fucking could right!" Ripped a loud heavy voice from just behind me.

I go to turn but the figure rams there legs into the back of mine to make me fall onto my knees. I try to move but the figure puts there arm around my neck a knife coming into play quickly.

"It's very nice to come face to face with you Arrow. My name is Neil Arms. Allac really did try to save the kid, really but I know alot about Embrace. I knew you wasn't around being forced to do that movie. I knew Allac be the one on this job. I took my advantage in knowing that. Now dont worry your pretty little girlfriend is alive for now. But you know our promise, Allac. Best keep it!"

Allac steps in front of me, tears falling down his cheeks. "I tried Arrow...but they have her. She is pregnant. I had to do as they asked."

And now it made total sense. My best friend, who I barely had the time to ask how he and his girlfriend are doing because I had been off nearly getting killed, which felt too normal now while he had to go through this.

"Allac...I'm so sorry."

"I wouldn't ever be able to kill my best friend," Allac suddenly blurted out.

"Then best convince him. Its your only option it seems."

"What are you on about?"

"Two real options here. He kills you or you walk away from this. You and this idiot forget this kid exists."

I look from Neil and Allac and sigh. With every part of my being I want to fight this man. But Allac's girlfriend is being used as blackmail and if I don't agree Allac kills me? What a pathetic plan...

Suddenly Neil is pulled backwards the knife only slightly catching my neck as he is forced away from me.

Allac pulling me to my feet us backing away a little.

"I do love when you have good instincts Arrow. It seems you didn't see me coming. Now your going to take us to Allac's girlfriend or I'll snap your neck. I honestly love to rid the world of someone like you!" Paul says as he smiles in my direction.

////

Hope you enjoyed.

Sorry for the wait. Been long week haha hope you liked in any case. Sorry if any mistakes