Chapter Forty: Behind

Tyler felt extremely unsettled. He let his brothers sleep but he couldn't get a wink of sleep himself.

Too much running around in his young brain of his. Worried about Colin but also Arrow. The two men who had done so much for him.

The two men that have loved him uncontrollable.

That recently gave him and his brothers a brand new home. A home only some could dream of but never actually have.

Things had really slotted into place for them. But it suddenly all fell apart when Liam showed up. Sending Arrow off away from his family and now him, his brothers and Colin caught up with more trouble.

He has to think of the good outcome of this. It wouldn't be too long till he will see them both again.

Till then he wouldn't sleep. He won't let his guard down. Protect his brothers with his own life.

Arrow's POV

I lean against the wall. Breathing steadily.

"You okay?" Paul asks me standing beside me.

"Yeah I'll be better once they are safe," I say to him.

"Don't worry son. We will," says my dad leaning against the other side of me on the wall.

There are about ten other officers. My dad also had more back up waiting encase needed.

Lilly, Harry and Adam are with another set of officers taking the other side of the building.

We are giving them no chances of escape.

I had broke down when I got to Paul and my dad. Upset, frustrated and annoyed. And now I'm starting to understand why Colin felt the way he did when I had been in danger. Its a horrible feeling.

I hope we can make this as painless and easy as possible. I'm not sure if I can handle much more.

I refused to go to the hospital so Paul cleaned and bandaged my wounds the best he could, which we know is the best as he is studying a degree in being a doctor on top of training as a police officer. He is incredible.

I owe him greatly for alot over the years. He has done so much for me...I'll always be grateful to him for that.

"Let's get this done," Paul says nodding to me.

I nod. Let's do this!

Colin's POV

I'm frustrated. I'm tired and my mind feels hazy. This is what happens when I can't take my medication. My so called uncle and aunt don't seem to give a fuck about it either.

I feel myself drifting in and out of sleep. Unable to control my mind playing tricks on me about what exactly is going on.

I wake abruptly to guns firing, shouting and screaming.

I struggle against the restraints panic kicking in.

Tyler, Luca and Zane. What if they are getting hurt!

As I struggle against the restraints again something hits the door hard. The door flying onto the ground with a body with it.

"Arrow!" I hear Paul's voice from outside.

More gunfire outside and I swear I could hear Arrow's dad but my attention is now on the man on the ground with the door.

Arrow?

Arrow stirred moving slightly, he finally managed to look over at me his smile creeping in.

"Hey you," he says getting to his knees. He looks like my Arrow. But is my mind playing tricks on me?

Arrow slowly managed to get to his feet and come over to the bed I'm cuffed too.

He opens up his hand to reveal a tiny key but his hand is bleeding badly but he ignores that and uses the key to uncuff me before wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm so happy to see you," Arrow whispers keeping me close to him.

"How did you find me?" I ask.

"No one can keep you away from me for long. I won't allow it. We have to get to our boys," Arrow says helping me out the bed but I could see the tireness behind his eyes.

What has he been through now?

"What happened to you?" I ask.

"I'll explain later. I'll feel better once our boys are safe," he tells me.

So even though I'm the one that got kidnapped...he still seems to be the one hurt more out of the two of us.

"Don't look at me like that," Arrow says.

"Like what?"

"You know what. I'm fine."

"I doubt that but our boys need us so I'll let this slip for now," I say as we head towards the hole in the wall now the door is on the ground.

Arrow goes slightly in front of me taking the impact of Paul slamming into us.

We all fall to the ground in a heap. Arrow's yell of pain making my heart feel like it had just been split in two.

I felt the bullets flying by us keeping myself low as I try see what had just happened to Arrow.

Arrow is panting slightly, he pulls out the knife that inbedded into his leg but that wasn't what had made him yell the way he did. No...

Paul is quick lifting Arrow slightly off the ground and doing his best to pull Arrow back into the room to avoid him getting shot.

I crawl behind him making it back into the room and leaning myself up against the wall.

One of the bullets has grazed my arm but lucky it hadn't done enough to inbed itself into my arm but its bleeding though.

"It's okay...I'll put it back in place," Paul tells Arrow.

Where we had fell Arrow had some how twisted his ankle in a horrendous way.

My poor Arrow...you don't seem to have much luck in these situations do you?

Paul took his chance and Arrow tried to hide his pain but he still let out a horrible yell even with him trying to cover that up.

"Sorry...any better?" Paul asks.

"Loads. We are corned. Is dad okay what is going on?" Arrow asks.

"I think we underrated them. They are putting up quite a fight. They are firing bullets everything," Paul says.

"I could even see that. We can't just seat here. Our boys could be in danger," I say to Paul.

"Don't worry. We have other back up. Wait till Lilly uses her bow they will have no chance."

No POV

But luck can only get you so far. A human body can only take so much.

Not everyone would make it out alive on this one and it would leave a horrible hole and feeling behind for them all...