Chapter Twenty One: Don't run!

The tears fell slowly down the young boys face. His life shattering in front of him. His home burning in front of his eyes. His parents lifeless bodies clinging to the ground, burnt and beaten.

Nothing could bring the boy back to reality with the scene in front of him. The tears only one feeling he can just about grasp.

This didn't make any sense.

What had he done to have to face this right now?

A eerie but calm laugh came from behind him. The boy flinched as he turned in shock to find the man behind him.

"Don't be afraid child. You don't have to be anymore. I'll be your saviour in the darkness. The only way is up now child," he said putting out his hand.

The man wore strange looking clothing, some strange symbols scattered across it. His face looked awfully good for his age.

The boy felt uneasy and confused and nowhere to run or hide.

"Who are you," the boy whispers.

"I am Duke. Now take my hand we have many hours to travel till we find your salvation," he smiles.

The boy backs away still lost within all these emotions. "Did you," the boy begins.

"I did and worse will happen to you if you don't take my hand!" He screams now.

The boy had no choice...everything destroyed and gone and all he has left is this man that had caused it.

And all he could really do as the man finally lost his temper and grabbed his hand roughly was be dragged away from his parents lifeless bodies screaming for them to wake up...

Arrow's POV

I sat on the bench outside the venue where people could come to smoke.

I have a beer in one hand and a cigarette I got off Adam. I have drank alot.

I feel awfully drunk but I had ate alot too and only managed to open ten presents.

My head is spinning but I needed some air away from noise and the cigarette tasted good along side the beer.

Yet I wouldn't smoke usually and it's not something I would normally do.

Just tonight...I wanted to enjoy it and let my past go. Look to my future with my family. Tonight is to enjoy so I can really move forward from it all.

My bladder is screaming at me but I don't want to go back inside.

I finish the cigarette and the last swig of the beer heading towards the trees.

I found a spot no one could see me and let my bladder relise.

I pull my trousers back up and zip up as I hear strange noise close by to me in the trees.

I sigh. I'm not going to check. I've seen the horror movies and I'm not up to helping anyone right now...no I'm going back to my party.

I walk slowly back towards the people that are outside smoking.

"Arrow there you are I was worried," Allac began.

"Hey...you look a bit fuzzy," I say to him. 

"Yeah that be the drink. Don't worry. Take my hand you should stay close to people just encase," he says to me.

I wrap my arm around Allac. "I heard a noise but I thought I'm drunk and it's my party. I have no time for that today," I laugh.

"It probably just an animal. These things make you jumpy when you been through what you have. Don't worry. Nothing bad is going to happen tonight Arrow. Now let's get you back to Colin. I think he really like you to have a dance with him," Allac says to me.

I push us to the ground just before we made it out the trees us both landing on the grass something flying by us.

"What the fuck was that?" Allac asks.

I struggle to my feet helping Allac as we make it back to everyone else.

"Something is out there," I say to Allac.

"You think?"

"What else could explain this," I say to him as I pick up the knife that had been thrown at us.

"Fuck..."

Colin, Paul and my dad come rushing forward.

"You okay?"

"Something is out there...I went to pee in the bushes...sorry but yeah something chucked this at us," I say handing it to my dad.

"I'll get some officers to check it out straight away. You get back inside. I want you to have a good night. Forget about this,"says my dad.

"You sure?" I ask him.

"He is sure. Go dance with Colin," Paul says to me.

I didn't need telling twice. I take Colin's hand and we head back inside.

I took him straight to the dance floor and that's where we stayed for sometime.

I let the night take me, more food, more drink and finally my booth became my bed when my body decided it needed sleep.

I woke iruptley to find the music still blaring. I look at my watch it's two in the morning now and party is still very much alive.

No sign of Colin or my boys. I get up slowly and start to look for them. I saw Adam,  Harry, Lilly, Caz, Robbie and Jo. Looks like my mum went home with the twin it seems.

I head out back to find the woods covering the venue blocked off by police tape.

Some officers are guarding it but no sign of my dad or Paul.

I head over and stop just in front of them. "Hey is my dad and Paul out there?" I ask.

"Hey Arrow. Yeah they just out there with a few other officers checking it out. You alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Have you seen Colin?"

"No...sorry. They not with you?"

My heart almost died right then. I felt this strange feeling wash over me.

I rush back into the building and out to the front.

"Colin! Tyler! Luca! Where are you!"

My heartbeat I can now hear inside my ears panic kicking in too quickly.

Where are they?

"Arrow," I hear someone say my name over by the bushes to the left.

I felt too uneasy to move. My body still fighting off being very drunk.

What is going on?

A scream filled the air that awfully sounded like Tyler and Luca's.

I run into the bushes too quickly crashing through them and landing awkwardly on solid ground the other side of them.

Something appears over me which I quickly scramble away from.

"Don't run...dear child. Not if you wish to see them again."

"What?"

Something hard hits me on the back of the head and darkness takes over instantly fear and worry consuming me....