Chapter Forty Six: Enjoy ourselves.

Arrow's POV

Life has a funny way of treating you. I've had to deal with alot. Pain, sadness and loss in many different ways. I spent half my teen years not knowing really what I wanted. I spent the younger years being abused. Something I could never talk about with my parents.

I've had to face some pretty messed up people and suffered by there hand for only trying to do the right thing.

I'm truely grateful for my family, friends and the family Colin and I have built. I can't help how being with Fay suddenly lit up my life in a way I can't quite explain.

Things happen for a reason and I feel we were meant to cross paths.

Seeing her features light up as I went around the store with her and Riley lifted my spirits.

I made sure she got a few warmer clothes for the winter and couple outfits she can enjoy for the rest of the summer. Fay kept trying to look for the bargains but I told her the price tag really doesn't matter. I just want her to be comfortable.

As I let her and Riley go off to the changing rooms I check my phone.

Three missed calls from Allac and five from Colin.

I quickly dial Colin first. After only two rings Colin picks up.

"Why don't you pick up your phone," is the first thing he says to me.

"I love you too. Sorry I forgot to take it off silent. What's wrong? Allac has tried ringing me too."

"Your not at work. He was worried and so was I!"

"Okay...sorry. I finished what I had to do early. So I decided to take a walk and I bumped into a young girl in some distress."

"Arrow...you will never change will you. So what are you doing now?"

"Don't hate me but I took Fay and her social worker for some lunch and I'm currently buying Fay some new clothes. What she has on is terrible and I felt I could help."

Colin sighs down the phone, "You can never stop working can you. You always have to help if you can."

"It's why I opened Embrace. For kids like her and our boys. I feel I bumped into her for a reason."

"Alright then. Long as you are safe. But it be nice to see you home soon. The boys are missing you and all feel that when they go back to school they won't get to spend much time with you. I don't care about the money, Arrow. At the end of the day we aren't going to miss it as we have alot. But don't forget the family among all the work."

"I know. I'll be home soon."

"Okay ill let Allac know."

"Thanks. I love you."

"Love you too."

No POV

Arrow got home about an hour later and he spent the rest of the day with his boys but he had a serious sit down with Colin that night about Fay.

Some of the conversation better then others. They knocked heads a bit but Colin came around in the end. His love for Arrow stronger then ever.

The following morning they spoke to there boys about Fay's situation and how Arrow felt about it all.

The boys stood by there dad in an instance. Arrow has always looked after them, saved them from horrible situations and took them in. None of them related by blood but love each other all the same.

Fay clearly needed a home and Arrow had become fond of the girl quickly. It would feel strange having a girl around in the house, but they are willing to give it ago.

Arrow feels that they can offer that loving home she is so craving and getting her out of that home. But Arrow also planned to give money to the home to help the rest of the kids there.

Colin loves Arrow and one of the reasons is because he cares more then most people regardless of how much he has been through.

Even Dig's death hadn't changed his kindness and care towards people. He truley is a light in the darkness but who will be his? Colin can't help but feel how much more could he really take?

Colin will always stand with him because he is truely blessed to have a man like him in his life.

Arrow's POV

I climb out the seven seater car the sun shinning on my face.

Colin climbs out the drivers seat as I open the back to let Tyler, Luca, Zane and Fay out the back with our other new addition.

"Can I ask why I got stuck sitting next to the dog?" Zane asks as our new puppy Leo jumps up at me.

He is a labrador and Fay had twisted my arm to get it. I guess I really do have a soft spot for her.

"He is lovely. What's so bad about sitting next to him," I smile.

"I've never had a dog before," Zane says quietly.

"You will get use to him. I'm sure he will be a great part of the Sharp family don't you think Colin?" I ask him.

"I'm sure he will be, your dad is right. Now let's enjoy these few days away together. Some proper bonding time," Colin smiles.

"I don't know it's never gone well in the past," Tyler has to point out.

Before I or Colin can say anything Fay speaks up. "Colin and Arrow done this last minute for us all. I've never been away properly before so I'm so grateful. Maybe it hasn't but don't put a bummer on it now. First time we are all doing this as a family and I'm so excited," Fay saying jumping up and down.

"I know I'm sorry. I shouldn't of said that. Sorry dad's I won't mention that again."

I wrap my arm around Tyler. "I know it's not gone well last couple times. I know it wasn't easy to deal with. I know it affected you more then you made out but I'll do all I can to make this one the one we remember for the right reasons," I tell him.

"I know you had to deal with more then I had too on those holidays. I guess I'm just worried."

"I know and I get that. Now chin up. Let's enjoy ourselves."