Chapter Forty one: Goodbye dear friend .

Arrow's POV

Nothing ever seems to go smoothly. I can tell Colin is struggling to make much sense if it all. I can tell he hasn't had his medication in sometime.

I look at Paul in desperate need. "Do you," I begin.

"I do," Paul says cutting across me. He digs in his pocket and pulls out a strip of tablets.

He hands them to Colin and passes a water bottle from his other pocket. He is bloody brilliant.

"You are a life saver," Colin says as he takes two tablets with some water before he passes the bottle to me. "You thirsty?"

I take the bottle and drink quite a bit of it getting rid of my dryness in my throat before handing it to Paul. "You have some."

Paul drinks some before giving the last bit to Colin.

We look between each other before we all struggle to our feet.

"Let's go!" Paul says.

Tyler's POV

Everything sounds distressing and chaos just outside the room we are being kept in.

It may mean I'll have to protect my brothers. I'm scared...I can't lie.

Suddenly Lilly, Adam and Harry came into the room slamming it behind them before there attention falls to us.

"Hey lads. You okay?" Adam asks.

"Yeah...what are you doing here?" I ask.

"To save you of course. But that's more difficult then expected," Lilly says.

"You all look okay," I begin.

"Oh yeah we are fine. Lilly here is incredible with her bow and arrow. But there is so many of them," Adam says.

"What is the plan then?" Zane asks.

A massive explosion ripped through the building making the ground move underneath us.

"Shit what was that?" Harry asks worried.

"Arrow," Adam whispered looking worried too.

Dad...is here?

"What? Dad's here?" I ask.

"Of course he is. He is so angry at Colin's aunt and uncle. I don't blame him. So of course he would come to save you. He loves you four, your his world."

Dig's POV

I had come to help. Do all I could. I knew Arrow could with do with all the help he could get.

But I hadn't seen this coming. I guess no one saw this coming. It took us all by surprise.

I lay on the ground unable to move. Unable to accept my defeat. The pain unbearable.

Yet all I could think about is it Arrow is okay and alive. He can't die here...he can't leave those kids behind...no please. Let me die but not him!

I can't see a thing...so much smoke. It filling up my lungs controbally.

Arrow's POV

I lay on the ground. My body unable to process what just happened. The smoke entering my lungs, shock making me unable to move.

"Colin! Dig! Paul!" I scream with all my might.

"Arrow," I hear Dig's voice near to me.

I move slightly to take a better look through the smoke. I spot him on the ground, a pool of blood underneath him. Part of the building inbedded into his stomach.

I felt my gut clench up. I crawl ignoring the unbearable pain to reach him.

I take his hand tears already falling down my face. "No Dig," I whisper to him.

"Rather me then you," Dig whispers looking at me. "You are hurt."

"I'm hurt? Are you kidding me? What about you!"

"I'm not going to survive this, Arrow. I think we both know that. Even if we got help now...I won't make it," he tells me.

"No...this isn't fair. Why did you even come?"

"To help you save those boys. They need you and Colin. You two are amazing parents. You care so much about them. I knew you be hurting inside," he tells me.

"I can't watch you die," I begin.

"You are brave. You will make it through this. I know it. It's going to be okay," he tells me.

How is this going to be okay?

I take his hand gently. "I'm so sorry..."

"It's not your fault. I decided to come. I knew the risks. These are some crazy ass relatives your husband has. But I guess you know all about that. Find Colin and Paul and go save those boys," he tells me.

I shake my head. "I won't let you die alone," I whisper keeping hold of his hand.

I am worried about Paul, Colin and my boys but I can't let him die alone. I will never forgive myself.

I feel uneasy. I'm not as hurt as Dig is, I doubt anyone is close to death like he is but my body is under alot of strain and pain and I'm not sure how much more I can go on either.

Dig puts his other hand on my cheek which I flinch at. "Your face is cut deep," he tells me.

I hadn't noticed it till now but he is right. The pain by his touch alone I could tell he isn't lying.

"You have been put through so much...young man. But you can survive this. But you need to go now! Colin and Paul may need you and this smoke isn't doing you any good," he says to me as he can tell I'm struggling to breathe normally.

I shake my head. "I'm not leaving you!"

I refused to go and as Dig grew weaker he gave up asking me to go. He held my hand softly looking at me.

"Thank you, Arrow. For being my friend. I know we didn't meet on best terms but I'm glad I got to meet you and be your friend for a while," he tells me.

I felt the tears falling down my face hard now. "I'm so glad I got to be your friend too."

"Don't cry. This maybe goodbye but I'll live on in your heart. I got to be friends with the great Arrow Sharp. What more could I have asked for. I'm sorry I couldn't be any more help. I hope all works out well for you, Arrow. You truely deserve that."

I could see his eyes going so I hold his hand a bit tighter.

"Goodbye dear friend," I whisper.

"I love you Arrow," he whispers his last words as his eyes close for the last time.

My face fall of tears, pain across my whole body I let my body slip down next to his lifeless body in the blood. Unable to find the energy to move anymore.

Embrace Two (Spin of from Acceptance Trilogy And Second Story To Embrace) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara