Chapter Thirty Two: Teach them

Paul knew something was up the moment he spoke to Arrow. His brother has been through alot over the years, life being a struggle everyday for him from a young age.

So when Arrow asked him to meet him and Allac, he wouldn't let his brother face this next part alone. Not when Arrow sounded pretty concerned about the whole situation.

And now Paul felt good in the knowledge that his brother isn't paranoid, he has good instincts. He knew something was up and he had been right.

Paul's only real concern is this. Will they be able to save Allac's girlfriend, their unborn child and the kid who has been needing help it seems for a while. And Paul knows his brother, he won't walk away or less we could save them both...

Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Arrow's POV

I had hoped I was wrong. That I've just become paranoid after all that has happened to me. That after everything, nothing is as it seems but I had been right. My gut feeling on the ball.

I also had hoped we could help the kid and be done before dinner...I don't think that is how this is going to go now.

Paul drags Neil making him lead us towards where they are keeping Allac's girlfriend. Her name is Connie and I've only met her a couple times but she is a lovely women and Allac fell for her hard.

I bet this is killing him right now. I put my arm around him. "It be okay," I say to him.

"How do you not hate me?"

"Why would I hate you? Your one of my best friends. You was protecting Connie. So get yourself together so we can save her and we will save the kid and your unborn child," I say to him.

He has tears in his eyes but a small smile appeared. "How do you stay so positive? How do you stay so calm?"

"Allac...I'm not always calm. I've lost it so many times, I had to suffer physically and mentally alot. I don't always talk about it. But I also try to think of the good outcome not the worst," I tell him.

"Thank you Arrow for not hating me."

"I'll never hate you. Please know that," I tell him.

Neil led us to the house that Allac told me about.

"You sure she is here or you trying to screw us over!" Paul shouts at him.

Neil laughs. "Well either way you have to trust me right? You have no choice but too."

"Enough of this bullshit! Give Connie back!" Allac shouts this time.

I can feel the negative energy between all three of them, all hating the situation for there own reasons.

Me on the other hand...I just want everyone to be okay so I can go ask my husband and sons about parents evening and what I missed.

"Everyone just calm down," I begin but stop mid sentence looking at the house more now.

Something feels off, not right. "Paul get away from the door!" I shout.

Three things happened all at once. One the door to the house exploded to pieces.

Two Allac, Paul and Neil took the full blast of it being so close being chucked back to the ground.

Three and maybe the not so obvious someone had sneaked up behind me. I found myself being pinned to the ground my face in the dirt.

My mobile starts to go off loudly adding to the sudden deadly silence apart from the remainder of the flames making that cracking sound.

I try struggle against the figure pinning me here but he rams his knee further into my back. "Stop moving!" I feel the figure trying to get my phone out my pocket which made me struggle against him even more.

I know who is ringing. It has to be Colin and I don't want him to worry or have some stranger pick up my phone to him...

My head gets pushed against the dirt harder and I close my eyes to stop the mud going in my eyes and mouth. I let out a small grunt of pain, it becoming uncomfortable and a bit painful against my nose at this point.

By the sudden distraction of my head further in the mud, the figure had managed to get to my phone. It isn't ringing anymore.

But I heard foot steps near me and it couldn't be the figure pinning me here.

I hear something hit the ground hard and a crunch...there goes my phone. Fuck!

Suddenly my head is pulled up enough for me to see the figure that had positioned themselves now directly in front of me.

"Arrow Sharp I presume?"

"Go fuck yourself!" I spit at him.

The kick came fast and heavy against my face. I felt the impact against my face and nose. The crack loud, my face feeling numb, the blood that had already covered the mud directly under my chin.

"Is that all you got!" I bite. I fucking hate people like this and everyone seems to chuck my name around like I'm something big...or that I'm obvious to spot.

I feel sick, my face probably a disaster zone at this point. That kick probably should of knocked me out.

How am I still awake?

"Your one tough cookie. I give you that. Most people would of been knocked out from that kind of impact. But I guess after you been through what you have...I guess this is child's play."

I glare at him. Does he have a point here? What do they want or plan next? That's my real concern.

And further more is Paul and Allac okay?

And why so much fuss over one kid...what is people obsession in treating children badly. I don't know much about the kid, but enough to worry what he has been put through.

Ben's POV

I tried to ring Arrow but no anwser. The phone didn't even ring it just went straight to voicemail. I know he has been through alot recently. Everyone saw what he had been through being forced to do that movie.

Yet he is my boss at the end of the day and I needed his advice on this recent case. I have Colin's number. Maybe I should try ring him instead.

My phone started to ring. I pick it up

"Hello Ben speaking!

"Hey Ben it's Ron. Sorry I'm using someone else's phone. I checked out that lead for you. It seems you are correct buddy. Seems to be twin girls and they are being abused but I got in to a spot of bother. I'm up the hospital. But I think we should get officers over to the house. I think I just caused more problems then good," he tells me.

"Are you seriously injured?"

"Broken arm but nothing too serious and few bruises. Nothing I can't handle."

"Alright keep me updated. I'll get onto the police and I'll go over there myself. Teach them to hurting my second in command!"