Chapter Thirty Three: Can it really wait?

Arrow's POV

You will be happy to know I'm not dead. Of course I'm not exactly doing good physicalally or mentally right now.

But it's always best to look at the positives, even if that only positive happens to be at least I'm still alive.

I think deep down inside I knew tonight wouldn't play out in the way I had hoped. It never seems to be a nine to five job running Embrace and the fact that only a week ago I had been dealing with alot of injuries, some of those still hadn't healed properly and now I had more to add to it.

On top of the fact that my phone had been smashed apart. I couldn't even ring for help if I got the opportunity to do so.

So here I am. Tied up to a chair. Left in darkness of the cellar alone. I have no real idea if Allac and Paul are okay.

What is happening up there right now?

My face aches, but I feel so numb at the same time. I feel cold, they took off my jacket before tying me up.

What was the point in that?

If I'm being truely honest. I'm fed up. I love my job and helping these kids but it's put a massive strain not only on my marriage and the three kids we have now adopted but also my body and mental state.

I put on a brave face, I try my best to stay calm and figure out a way to survive this but...it doesn't seem to really get any easier.

No peace for long. Our next case as brutal and horrible as the next. I don't remember the last time we managed to finish a case without some sort of trouble. Maybe it's why so many kids suffer because people are just to scared to go up against these people.

I hear the cellar door crip open slightly before being closed.

Two people had entered the cellar, the lights being put on.

Two tall men. My mouth hung open...

"Hey there. How you doing?"

"What do you think?"

"Yeah I guess that was a stupid question. How is Jane and her mother by the way?"

"Safe and away from you!"

"True. I give your dad this. He did a good job of keeping them off the radar, we couldn't find them. We wanted to you see, we had hoped it bring you to us again. We have unfinished business. Yet it seems you somehow came to us anyway!" One of them says which if I remember his name is Jeff.

"But to be honest it didn't at all surprise us. Looks like you been having a lot of fun it seems recently. But shamefully it's only just the beginning for you!" Says the other tall man.

How does this keep happening? Why are these two guys roaming around like as if they did nothing wrong?

Jeff steps directly in front of me now with a massive grin on his face.

"Now who is alone and defenceless? Our brother got killed in prison! That's your fucking fault. You getting involved. We just about escaped with our lives!"

"I didn't know," I begin but he grabs my hair tightly before using his right fist to hit me hard in the stomach.

I cough the sudden impact a shock to me. "Now you will suffer," the man whispers into my ear.

No POV

The man known as Simon and his brother Jeff did exactly as they said they would.

The night when slow for Arrow. Being abused, beat the shit out of. Blood drawn and Arrow's cries of pain got louder as the hours went on.