The Four of Spades

Chapter - 4
===============

Chapter - 4 ===============

Swadheenta

Market

I'm roaming in the market with my friends. We stop at a shop and I start looking at the Kurtis. They both are busy talking about Roma so I didn't pay attention to them.

" She said she went to the club yesterday," Riya said.

" I also want to go to the club," Preeti said.

I'm looking at the Kurti properly making sure it didn't have any defects.

" Swadheenta don't you want to go to the club," Preeti asked elbowing me, I place the Kurti down and look at her.

" Club? " I asked, she nodded excitedly.

" My Bhai, bhaijaan humare if he got to know that his sister went to the club he'll send me back straight to my hometown and my Ma, walida humari vo humari karva dengi shadi vahi ke kisi ladke se"

[ Then she will marry me to someone in the village]

I think then what will happen to me.

Mehelo ka raja mila
Ki rani beti raaj karegi

" Ma " I cried hugging her.

Khusi khusi kar do bida
Ki rani beti raaj karegi

" It's ok beta" my Ma pushed me away and I move my gaze up and look at my groom who is not even close to how I wanted my husband. Thank god his face was hidden behind shehra but he won't wear shehra his whole life I have to look at his face I have to spend my whole life with him.

" Nahi " I cry harder hugging my Ma but she forcefully made me sit inside the car.

" And then my Saasu ma will tortures like shown in serials"

" Are Bahu get up it's 5 in the morning" my Sasuma said.

We come outside of the house.

" Now first feed the buffalo then shower her then...." I see myself doing all the work.

" Arrey Bahu come here and grind all these" I sat down on the floor and grind all the grains with chakiya.

[ Grinder]

" Arrey Bahu what are you doing go in the kitchen and make food for everyone" I go and start making roti.