𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟕

Harry's POV.

"What do your parents do? What did they say when you left? They must be pretty upset when you left" I asked after some time.

Alana was quiet for a minute and hesitated "Umm ...It doesn't really matter. They are dead."

Everyone was silent at the table until Kiara spoke up "What? When did this happen? And why didn't you tell me this before?" She exclaimed with her eyes wide open.

Alana stares at Kiara for some time like she was thinking what she should say then finally speaks up "I didn't tell you this before because I didn't think it was important and it doesn't matter. I told you before Ki, I am here to have a fresh start and I won't be able to do that if I keep talking about my past in India. And my past includes my parents," She said sternly.

By the look on Alana's face, I can clearly see that she doesn't want to talk about this topic anymore. I guess even Niall understood that she doesn't wanna talk so he started speaking "This is really delicious Alana. I think you should cook every day... You can even try new dishes and I'll help you."

"Help me? How? Do you cook?" Alana asks softly looking relieved of the topic change.

"Oh no no, darling I don't cook. And I meant I will help you by tasting the food. You know, be the judge. You cook, I'll eat." Niall quickly says making Alana laugh.

After that, we all got back to eating and made small talks here and then but I noticed Kiara was fairly quiet since Alana announced about her parents.

Even I can't stop thinking about how nonchalantly Alana announced that her parents died and by the look of it, it feels like she doesn't even care. She must be pretty upset if she doesn't even want to talk about it?

After dinner, Alana took all the dishes to wash and Niall and Kiara started talking about their day.

"Umm guys I'll go and help Alana with the dishes," I said and got up to go and help Alana.

"Hey, let me help you."

"Oh! Harry. It's ok. You can go and rest, you must be tired."

"Not that tired, babe."

"Ok. I'll wash, you dry"

We started doing dishes in silence, I can tell Alana is nervous.

"Umm Alana, I am sorry about your parents."

"Don't be" Alana spoke sharply.

After that, we continue doing the dishes silently. Come on Harry, say something, talk to her. Why aren't you speaking? Speak, you idiot. This is your chance to talk to her alone. Impress her you fucking idiot. Jesus just says something already, anything.

" You are beautiful" Fuck. Idiot. Go back don't say anything. Pivot. I mentally facepalmed myself and from the corner of my eye, I can see Alana looking at me.

"Umm... Thanks?" She said.

"Umm yeah... I am done. I think we should call it a night. Huh?" I asked nervously already wanting to get out of here and hide under a blanket or something.

"Yeah. Good Night, Harry."

"Night, love." She turned around towards the living room and said "Good Night, guys. I am off to bed."

"Good Night Babe" "Night Al," They said.

And just like that, she was gone.

"Guys, I am such a fucking idiot," I said as soon as I saw Alana's bedroom door is closed.

"Why? What happened?" Kiara asked while Niall said, "You realized that now?"

I glared in Niall's direction and replied to Kiara "I said 'You are beautiful ' to Alana, out of nowhere! Oh my god, she must think I am a creep."

"First of all, Aww, how adorable of you. And second of all don't worry Haz, she wouldn't think that way. Alana never thinks bad about someone. Even of those people who do her wrong, so there is nothing to worry" Kiara said and got up.

"As you say, Kiara. But now I am going home. I am tired. And tomorrow I have to step up my game with Alana." I said and left the apartment.

*Next Morning*

Alana's POV.

"No, please, please don't do this. I am begging. Please let me go. You are hurting me," I cried and cried but he wouldn't stop. "I promise, I'll never disobey you again." His one hand is tight around my neck, choking me, and the other hand coming between my legs forcing them apart.

"Oh, baby, I am gonna make sure you never disobey me ever again" And he ripped my shirt open all the buttons flying around us and grabbing one of my breasts in his rough hand and squishing it hard. Hard enough to hurt, making me whimper.

"Don't do this, please. Please" I cried and begged. But he wouldn't stop.

Fuck.

Another nightmare. Another sleepless night. When will this stop? Why did this happen to me? Why me? I have hundreds of questions. Questions that can't be answered. I know this because I have asked these questions and every time ask the answers I get are that they don't know or that I deserve this and maybe I do or maybe I don't. I don't know anymore and honestly, I don't want to know anymore. All I want is to forget about it, forget about him, forget about them.

I dragged myself from the bed to the bathroom to take a quick shower. After the shower, I changed into a black tube top and some pants with a dark blue almost black jacket. Today Kiara is gonna take me for some shopping. I have to be careful with my money. I don't have much. And I need to get a job ASAP.

After entering my room I searched my drawer for my medicines which I keep in a small pouch.

"Where is it? Where is it?" I mumbled to myself while rummaging through my drawer.

Then I remembered I took my pouch in the kitchen after everyone slept to take my medicines with some warm milk. It must be there in the kitchen.

I went into the kitchen and saw Niall leaning towards the counter, his back to me and I think he is looking at something. Is he cooking or something?

"Good Morning, Niall," I said loudly plastering a forced smile on my face. And I think I startled Niall with my voice because he jumped almost a foot up. Poor guy.

"Jesus Alana, don't do that again." He said while placing his hand on his chest where his heart his.

"Sorry. What are you doing?" I asked after he calmed down.

"Umm... A-Alana I didn't mean to snoop or anything but these tablets were on the counter."

"Oh," I then noticed he has something in his hand.

"I left my medicine pouch here last night."

"These are yours?"

"Yes. They just have some headache tablets and pain tablets that's it. Don't worry."

"Alana, you remember I told you that I was doing medical before?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Well you see, I completed 2 years so I have a pretty good idea what particular medicines are for."

"Okay?"

"These are not your regular headache or pain medicine," He said while raising the tablet packet he was holding and showing it to me.

"N-Niall" I gasped. How can I be this stupid?

"I am 100% sure these are not Kiara's so this must be yours. And these tablets are not for any kind of pain or body ache, these are postpartum tablets."

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. xo