𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟎*

Harry's POV.

"Harry, my boy, did you hear the news?" I was working in my office when Uncle Nick came in.

I snapped my head towards his direction where he was standing at the entrance of my office "What news?"

"Oh...So you didn't...Mr. Smith passed away last night" he said with a remorseful expression on his face, shocking me as well.

"What? How?" I asked dropping the pen that I was holding in my hand and giving my whole focus to hum.

"Heart attack...Poor family," Nick said shaking his head sadly making me feel sad too.

Mr. Levis Smith is...was a very important employee of our company. He was 58 years old. He used to be the head of our security as well as he used to manage the technical details as well.

He was really a kind man. He even used to bring us cookies for both me and Alana every Monday and Thursday morning right before our meeting knowing well that Alana or me, either one of us isn't a morning person and really hates morning meeting with all the guts.

He used to bring us cookies which his wife used to make for us right before we go to the meetings to cheer us up which always worked. Or he used to bring us the cookies even when we didn't have any meetings.

He really was a jolly person. Alana really liked him. Shit, she is going to be super upset about this.

"The family is going to have the funeral on this Thursday. You are coming right?" Nick ask making me nod my head "Alrighty then, please inform Alana as well, I haven't seen her yet. Where is she by the way?"

"Oh...she didn't come today...She has been sick since yesterday...I told her to rest...But I'll inform her as well. We will be there," I inform him.

"Alright then...You take the rest of the day...Go take care of your girl,"

"I would...if she wouldn't have kicked me out of my own house," I mumbled just remembering today's morning fiasco. Uncle Nick just chuckled probably heard me, shaking his head and leaving me.

I still remember how angry she got when I told her I will be staying home to take care of my sick girlfriend. And she has to practically kick me out of the door. She didn't want me to spend my entire day fuzzing over her.

And I reluctantly had to leave before she would have personally come to drop me off.

At least now she is in her bed, resting.

In my bed.

At least I am hoping since I know she is a very restless person. She can't stay in one place for too long. She needs to keep her mind occupied.

I quickly packed my stuff up and collected all the papers I will need to work from home. Maybe Alana can help. That will keep her occupied and in bed too.

I mean I know a couple of interesting ways to keep her in bed and occupied but I don't think she would be up to that right now.

I shook my head at my own thoughts and was quick to leave. Niall has started working in Styles Inc. for six months now and he tends to get his shit more done at home than here.

All he does here is lounge around, eat, and gossip. So, today as well he sits home and comes up with statistics beneficial for the company. Before leaving for today, I informed him about Alana being sick and to take care of her. I hope he at least checks up on her.

"Alana?" I called once I reach my penthouse but didn't hear anything back.

Maybe she fell asleep.