𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟕*

Alana's POV.

11...12...13

I watched each floor's number light up with a small ping as the elevator climbed all the way to the top.

16...17...18

Finally, it came to a gentle stop on the 23rd floor. I stepped out onto the sleek, marbled tiles, heels clicking as I made my way to Harry's office. It was around 1pm on Thanksgiving.

Oliver, his personal assistant, was just getting ready to go to lunch.

"Ollie! How are you?"

"Ohhhh Honey, you know, the usual. Working far too hard and playing FAR too little," We gave a little giggle and hug before he looked me up and down with a sly grin. "Mmmmm, now don't you look edible, am I moving his afternoon meeting to tomorrow?" And this is why I loved Oliver, he just knew all the dirty tricks and loopholes there is to know, especially when it came to Harry.

How?

Harry tends to tell him everything and I can't blame him. Oliver has his way to make himself be in everyone's business without people knowing. And my Harry is a little too innocent when it comes to trusting anyone. Not saying Oliver is a threat. Oliver is great.

He could move all the appointments and meetings in the world and no one would bat an eyelid.

"I would really love that Ollie, then you should DEFINITELY take the afternoon off,"

"Baby, you got it,"

And with that, I said my goodbyes and made my way over to the large, mahogany double doors that led into Harry's office.

Slipping inside the large doors, quiet as a mouse, I could hear Harry's angry voice, obviously in the middle of a call. "Dammit Frank, what the hell do I pay you for?!" Followed by the sound of the phone being slammed into the receiver and a hefty sigh.

"I thought you paid Frank to do your accounts.." He startled and looked up at me with a questioning glance, not even realizing I had entered the room. "You know Harry," I chided as I began to stroll over to him, hands clasped behind my back, "I thought you paid Frank to do your accounting for you.." I grinned coolly while he smirked at my cheekiness.

"Baby bug, what are you doing here? I thought you are staying home. Did you come here to work? It's a holiday and I'm very busy,"

"Well.." I began as I walked the rest of the way over to him, heels clicking as I went "I thought we could spend the afternoon together." I finished as I sat on the very edge of his desk, heeled feet on the seat of his chair, either side of his knees.

He sighed again, how I hated that sound, it was never a good sign. My hopes fell a little when he began "But baby I have so much work to get done today. And with Uncle Nick gone I don't want anything to mess on my watch. I am so so sorry, I am here on the holiday but I have a lot today,"

"Hey, chill out, will ya? It's not like Mr. Styles is gone for forever. He will be back after New Years,"

Mr. Styles and Mrs. Styles ask Nick and Bella Styles had decided to take a well-deserved vacation of three months to take trips to different countries for their anniversary. They are going to be back after New Year leaving Harry and Zayn in charge but mostly Harry.

So he is freaking out. From what I gathered this is the first time Harry has been left on the spot to take care of business. And sometimes my poor baby needs to be reminded that he can do anything he wants, he can achieve any success he wants. He is a charming guy, he always comes up with mind-blowing plans and he has his way with people that make them do business with us.